a question about mods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im not looking to start a big row on here, god knows it dont take much between some people, i myself am a mod on a poker forum and it shows up when im online that im a mod. it then shows some trust, i feel that when people need to contact a mod they can do with confidence that they know who i or any other moderator are and not someone hiding behind a number.

so my question is why are the mods are not named?

Sponsored Links
Who on this forum has given their real name anyway? ;)

Do you think I introduce myself to ladies as Bahco? :LOL:

Who on this forum has given their real name anyway?

In one sense I have. Went on holiday once to the Philippines and joined in a discussion about landowners who fleeced their tenants. Somewhere in the course of the evening a local referred to me as Bolo and for the rest of the holiday, Bolo it remained.

Sponsored Links
Who on this forum has given their real name anyway? ;)

Do you think I introduce myself to ladies as Bahco? :LOL:

well i for one am not ashamed to be named anytime, its on my profile and i have email links also if you type in jefoss all kinds of crap comes up on google about me, not all true mind :confused: :LOL:

Don't forget the mods aren't getting paid for their time on the forum and they do have to trawl through some garbage on general discussion not to mention stop all the google bots. I think they do a fine job so let them keep their annonymity (sp.) :)

Bob Dole's name is deffo real btw :cool:

As long as they themselves are moderated who can complain? If however, joe-90 is speaking the truth then we do have something to be concerned about.

I moderate on another site too, and I also find the anonymity of the mods here rather strange. I realise it's unpaid and all that; same for me in the place I do it. That doesn't justify anonymity.

I don't give my *real* name, but I can only post - and moderate - under the screen name I use there.

So if a poster wants to discuss my moderation, or ask a question, or complain about another poster, or check the rules... they can contact me and do so direct.

And to the person that said 'we all know who they are'. You might. I haven't got the faintest idea.

so the real answer is that anyone who commented dont actually know the answer. some slightly interesting points of view, but nothing concrete.

Sponsored Links
Back