To MOD the mad deleter of questions

DIYnot said:
Agile, I did not imply they were cut because they were obscene, I said that that would be a reson for them to be cut, or advertising etc.

The reason your post above was edited to correct the quotes was to make the forum look tidier, I can't see your objection with that. Many people make mistakes in their posts and it is just tiding things up, otherwise the forum would be covered with
and tags and it looks messy and obviously isnt what the poster intended.

NOTE TO THE MOD WHO 'EDITED' MY PREVIOUS POST

this is what the first post was like, until i edited it nd added a space in the [ quote] tag in the middle of the text. i did not have a ] missing after the tag quoting admin (which was your excuse for 'editing'

Sponsored Links
nope, admin, i think the ATT issue is very much ongoing, as bigAll has pointed out, how long ago was it that there was "blanket advertising" and who did this? them? some of their members?

and i beleve ATT approached you about a coalition, whereyou did the diy side and they provided a trade only side.....

as for the mod who said "go start your own forum and come back in 6 months"

well....my cuz started ATT because screwfix was full of arseholes and overmodded......id watch what you urge people to do ;)

also, another thing which is pointless is editing peoples e-mail/contact details, if people want to post them let them! if they get spam it goes in the junk folder anyway so why the fuss!!!!?!?!

even in this thread the modderation has been almost laughable.

listen to your members.

Hi Supersparks, as I said earlier regarding the ATT issue it is not something I intend to dredge up again, but for the record no one from ATT contacted us regarding a coalition.

The moderation is intended to keep the forums a friendly, decent & helpful place, not to antagonise users, .

I wouldnt recommend that anyone starts there own forum, there is perfectly good one here ;)

DIYnot said:
The moderation is intended to keep the forums a friendly, decent & helpful place, not to antagonise users

That may be the intention but it is not the effect!

I am not the only one here who feels that your Mods enjoy tampering with the postings just for the fun and feeling of power it gives them. Why else would they do it for you free of charge?

Tony Glazier

( Qualifications and employer name banned from the site )

Sponsored Links
DIYnot said:
The ATT issue is separate, it was banned because of repeated advertising which despite requests did not cease hence the ban (all that has been covered before and is not something I intend to dredge up again).

was that the thread i started !!!!!!!!!!!! if so it was purely me as a person [not as an att mod or spokesperson]just me :LOL: ;)

i just think that any censoring of fellow sights looks bad [on both sites ;)] but only on the site your reading from as well nobody knows what the other site is because it aint mentioned just censord :eek: :eek: ;)

Agile said:
I am not the only one here who feels that your Mods enjoy tampering with the postings just for the fun and feeling of power it gives them. Why else would they do it for you free of charge?

they do. they even added in a thread of mine that they 'corrected a quote'. this appeared about 5 mins after i had noticed the error and corrected it myself. their excuse was they removed ' [ quote]' from my post, even tho it was meant to be there. they then tried to cover it up, as detailed in post 1 page 6(and post in question)

This seems to have gone off topic somewhat.

DIYnot:

Given the tone of your earlier posts to this topic, you seem to imply that posts requesting costs should be OK so long as people understand the basis upon which they given.

So may I suggest a rewording of Rule 9 to:

Any prices or estimates for products or services provided by members on this site should not be relied upon. You should perform your own investigations and appropriate due dilligence before agreeing to purchase any product or instruct any contractor to conduct works on your behalf.

Why?

This is a U.K. based DIY forum, it also depends on

Where YOU are.
Access to the job.
How "easy" it will be.
Labour rate in your part of the country / world.
Any thing else involved in the job.
Cost of materials.

May I also suggest:

Try your "yellow pages" / favorite search engine.
Ask for referrals for some one local to you.
ALWAYS get several quotes.
Ask to see examples of previous work.

Its nothing personal, its just each job is different

This would seem to address all the concerns, and the MODs could still mark
such postings with a good old "See Rule 9".

What do you think?

Merv

moderator said:
my opinion is as follows.

everyone has an opinion about how the forum should or should not be run, i say to you, if you do not like this forum, then start your own forum, make your own forum rules run it your way, then come back here in 6 months and tell us how you get on.

If you do not want to do this then please quit moaning, suggestions are welcomed but not whingers

Common sense i'll back that:cool:

moderator said:
my opinion is as follows.

everyone has an opinion about how the forum should or should not be run, i say to you, if you do not like this forum, then start your own forum, make your own forum rules run it your way, then come back here in 6 months and tell us how you get on.

If you do not want to do this then please quit moaning, suggestions are welcomed but not whingers

DIYnot said:
..........................I wouldnt recommend that anyone starts there own forum, there is perfectly good one here

First, in this type of discussion, using terms intending to undermine peoples' comments ie "whingers" is unhelpful, and could be taken as an indication of the level of respect you have for the people making the comments. You may not agree with them, but starting like this can degenerate to abuse later.

Second, you have two levels of control now contradicting each other. Have a meeting and sort out what you want to say.

Third, coming out with statements (and done by more than one over stressed mod) more or less saying if you don't like it, push off, does not present an appearance of wanting to listen to peoples comments, even though you ask for them.

seeing as its all big-all's fault, cant you call a truce with att and just ban that ****** big-all :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p ;)

You've got a system error, the number of views of this topic shows as 132 in Plumbing and Central Heating, and 1507 in General Chat (as of this post)

oilman said:
You've got a system error, the number of views of this topic shows as 132 in Plumbing and Central Heating, and 1507 in General Chat (as of this post)
I'm guessing that 132 was the total of viewers in the Plumbing and Central Heating and stopped there when it was moved to General Chat, so the real total might be 1507 + 132???

supersparks said:
seeing as its all big-all's fault, cant you call a truce with att and just ban that **** big-all :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p ;)

and you thought butter wouldnt melt in my mouth :D :D :D ;)

kevplumb said:
SS
if your little family forum is so wonderfull why are you posting here :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Not you as well? Is this the mods ganging up so they're the only ones left posting on the forum, then there'll be an almighty scrap as they edit and/or delete each others posts until DIYnot really is DIYnot.

Sponsored Links
Back