To MOD the mad deleter of questions

Sponsored Links
Back to the original topic, I think as people want to ask 'How much....' type questions, then we'll relent on that rule/guideline.

Hope that helps :D

Any suggestions/thoughts/comments etc [email protected]

DIYnot said:
Back to the original topic, I think as people want to ask 'How much....' type questions, then we'll relent on that rule/guideline.

Hope that helps :D

Any suggestions/thoughts/comments etc [email protected]

thank you very much for listening
i am sure there can only be possitives from this decition
and it will make the mods life a wee bit easier :LOL: ;)

I think as people want to ask 'How much....' type questions, then we'll relent on that rule/guideline.

Yay, victory! Do by all means continue with the reference to item, er, what was it?

Sponsored Links
because kevplumb, i like helping people and im here to see if i could resolve the issue so ATT dosnt block diynot and diynot att, after about a year i think its time it came to an end........

and oilman, i think its going that way mate :cry:

How much will any guy charge for this fantastic Opportunity?

to replace an old cast iron Suite with a customer brought DIY shed Rubbish/cheap 3mill spec Nasty,back to back an 3/4 quarter tile the wall with glass thin ceramic cheap /nasty customer brought awfulness ...
an she is saying my quote at £300,is way expensive( LOL !) but SHE IS ALLOWING ME THE PLEASURE OF DOING IT TOMORROW,
now this is a job on a very nice area ,Plenty of cash but for no idea/cheeky customer ....
ANY Takers ?????????????..LOL..LOL..LOL

btw

at 4 tomorrow while she been in all day , will ring an say she better get some one else ..lol as I aint a MUG

Moz, if any client said that to me then I would explain that we only do work for clients who are totally happy with the price and quality. I would politely suggest that she should find a contractor whom she is more comfortable with.

Its costly to do this but gives me more job satisfaction. A couple of months ago an engineer had unloaded his tools into the upstairs flat and was ready to start work when we had to abandon the job, a boiler replacement, because of this problem.

Tony

I have always been a supporter of the moderators on this forum.

However, a post I made last night in B****dy Apologies was removed - there was nothing offensive, disrespectful or anything that breaks the 'rules' said in my post.
Indeed, someone had said something similar earlier in the thread, but their post wasn't deleted!

I can accept and would willingly hold my hands up if I'd have said something wrong.......but I didn't!!

I feel very angry about this :evil: .............and now think I will give the forum a break for a while

Yes, you're right, please accept my apologies as it was a genuine mistake and nothing against you whatsoever as I couldn't remember which one I have deleted, once again, sorry :oops:

DIYnot if you are watching?

Whilst everyone makes mistakes, this only shows that the mods here are "trigger happy" and operate totally unpaid solely because of the feeling of power it gives them. Why else would they do it?

Of course any personal abuse or rude words should be deleted but this should be accompanied by an email to the originator to discourage them from repeating it.

As I have often said before any action by moderators should the exception NOT the rule. It should be delivered in a customer friendly way with an apology!

e.g. "I am very sorry (name ) but I had to delete your post today because you repeatedly used four letter words. I do hope that you will continue to use our forum in spite of this small setback but will ensure that your future postings are all free from rude words".

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
DIYnot if you are watching?

Whilst everyone makes mistakes, this only shows that the mods here are "trigger happy" and operate totally unpaid solely because of the feeling of power it gives them. Why else would they do it?

Of course any personal abuse or rude words should be deleted but this should be accompanied by an email to the originator to discourage them from repeating it.

As I have often said before any action by moderators should the exception NOT the rule. It should be delivered in a customer friendly way with an apology!

e.g. "I am very sorry (name ) but I had to delete your post today because you repeatedly used four letter words. I do hope that you will continue to use our forum in spite of this small setback but will ensure that your future postings are all free from rude words".

Tony Glazier

i agree with what you say tony

but to be fair to the mods admin ect they can only react to comments if we make them aware that there is a problem
they did react possitivly when enough people made a well reasond point ;)

after all who knows what we are doing wrong if our freinds dont tell us:cool:

Hello Agile ... :)

I did dump that job...
I have seen my local area flooded (lol!!)with the unmarked fly by night cowboys of late ,
maybe its them 2week an your a trained Plumber courses ...??

or they are ex corgi an just wanting to be a bit recklass after all that paperwork /b*lls*it, part p/l an the like ...lol

after all this time working for people you get a smell of the "The Knock/Kickback" jobs ..I pass BAD leads onto the bish/bosch spivs hanging around the local plumber merchants

I really like the tiling side to bathroom refits now ,I STILL get a BUZZ from a BOSS Finished bathrooms me an my mate do ...
God that is So SAD !

Sponsored Links
Back