A quick party wall question (honest!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbours are building a rear extension that is almost adjoining my rear extension (there is an air gap of about 150mm between the walls). Before he started building I asked him to draw up a party wall agreement. No grief, just basically so I knew where I was with the work as he had to excavate right next to my foundations.

Anyway, the work was started without it and they have now pretty much finished the whole shell of the extension but he says he is coming round tomorrow to drop it off and wants me to sign it. Is there any longer a need for me to have it after the work for the adjoining party wall has been completed? Luckily it hasn't been much grief during the work anyway so can't see the point in him wasting him time producing one now they're putting the roof on?

TIA

Sponsored Links
It only applies with regard to the excavation for foundations, so now that stage has past, the Act is no longer relevant.

You have the same rights and course of action if you find that damage has been caused to your property from work done without a PW Agreement, as you do if there was one.

Thanks guys, thought it wasn't relevant anymore. Its a bit of a cowboy outfit tbh anyway so am keeping an eye...

Sponsored Links
Unless the OP's extension had shallower foundations it didn't need a party wall agreement anyway, so probably no harm done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back