1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Party Wall Agreement AFTER the extension has been built

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by stef99, 19 Nov 2014.

1. stef99

stef99

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I've been looking at the regs on party wall agreements. However, I've found that all the relvant websites talk about getting the party wall agreement signed BEFORE any extensions are built, but they never mention what happens after the extension was built...
    I'll try to explain...
    I built an extension on the back of my house which marries up to my neighbours (much older) extension.

When my doc went through planning, I mentioned it ot him, and he wasn;t bothered at all. (I get on with him, and he's a friend).

However, now that the extension has been built, do I still need to have a party wall agreement? I may sell the house in a few years and I;m wondering if I should draw one up?

2. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    NO.

3. tony1851

tony1851

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As above it's not retrospective and legally you have zero problem on that score.

4. stef99

stef99

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oh good, and the only thing I need to sell the house in the future, is the building inspectors signing off to say the work was completed to standard etc? (I think it's called the final written completion statement)?

5. LukeB123

LukeB123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yep.

Your decision notice for your planning approval, and your completion certificate for your building application.