Party Wall Agreement AFTER the extension has been built

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been looking at the regs on party wall agreements. However, I've found that all the relvant websites talk about getting the party wall agreement signed BEFORE any extensions are built, but they never mention what happens after the extension was built...
I'll try to explain...
I built an extension on the back of my house which marries up to my neighbours (much older) extension.

When my doc went through planning, I mentioned it ot him, and he wasn;t bothered at all. (I get on with him, and he's a friend).

However, now that the extension has been built, do I still need to have a party wall agreement? I may sell the house in a few years and I;m wondering if I should draw one up?

Sponsored Links
As above it's not retrospective and legally you have zero problem on that score.

Oh good, and the only thing I need to sell the house in the future, is the building inspectors signing off to say the work was completed to standard etc? (I think it's called the final written completion statement)?

Sponsored Links
Yep.

Your decision notice for your planning approval, and your completion certificate for your building application.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back