Do I need a party wall agreement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got an extension happening soon which is an extension on top of our existing extension. It won't be connected to our neighbours property but running alongside it, theres actually a slight gap between their existing extension and ours so nothing is built on any adjoining walls. Please see image. Will I still need a party wall agreement for this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 20.13.32.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 20.13.32.png
    399 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Are there any modifications to the ground floor foundations? pads for steel work etc?

Are there any modifications to the ground floor foundations? pads for steel work etc?
No modifications to foundations, BC have signed off existing footings as suitable for another load. Only pads are for the steels that run within our property across the ceiling to take the load of the left side of the new storey.

Sponsored Links
Is there not a 45 degree angle consideration for the pad footings?

Is there not a 45 degree angle consideration for the pad footings?
You mean for this section? My SE didn't calculate anything for that. Possibly due to the first floor structure being timber frame rather than block and brick .
Screenshot_20230225-130529.png

My question was more if you are having pad footings close to the party wall that go to any depth to support either a box frame or goal post, the excavation for the footings may fall under the act if it is within 3m of the boundary and goes deeper than the neighbours footings or within 6m at an angle of 45 degrees.
Picture1.jpg

My question was more if you are having pad footings close to the party wall that go to any depth to support either a box frame or goal post, the excavation for the footings may fall under the act if it is within 3m of the boundary and goes deeper than the neighbours footings or within 6m at an angle of 45 degrees.
Picture1.jpg
Ah sorry, no, were not having padstones like that. The SE calculated using the existing extension walls to take the load, so no digging for new foundations. BC have signed off existing footings as adequate for another load so should be all okay.

Is the new steelwork being attached/supported by a party wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back