A quote for my mate SOFTUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the debate is furiously raging again...

I am not laughing about it though..

I just dont know where to start!? :LOL:

In the example given earlier..under C) the quote is his contract and blah blah...

well what can I say?! It is usually expected by the tradesmen and alike that "these things always go over", "it is the nature of the beast", much alike the "piece of string" that is in danger of being over-used. Sadly we the consumers have grown to accept this and too eagerly lend our ear to the bullshit that is served.

as far as this quote goes by CHR15

When I get a customer like that I am usually not interested as I don't need the work that desperate...

Well I just cant be bothered to honour this one!? .. and it is definitely the funniest of the lot :LOL:

That brings me nicely onto the CORKAGE!!
Here I can not resist so I will attempt to make the point I made earlier (about 12 times earlier).. and I will keep it simple. well ..my usual simple.

Just because some one does or says something..it doesnt make it right!!!

NOw I will elaborate..

Whilst a healthy profit is desirable for all "proper" businesses, this is just an example of shameless profiteering...CORKAGE was brought because fine gentlemen and ladies expressed the wish to drink some fine wine which wasnt stocked, not because they wanted to save money. those with good business acumen will observe that it is not practical to stock everything and pamper to everyone's taste.. So a corkage fee was introduced as a happy medium where everyone is satisfied.. It was not introduced so people can get ****ed on the cheap.. A much better way for a business would be to say.. OK we dont encourage BYO policy however if you insist on drinking fine wine/champagne that we dont stock we are more than happy to facilitate this request for you if you give us plenty of notice, If we can not meet your demand then we will allow it as a goodwill gesture, however there is a customary donation to this or that charity involved (they should of course not be tempted to just pocket the money in this case as some of you would have them do)..

Also businesses introduced the CORKAGE FEE so they can have it both ways.. (get BUgg..ered and spend eternity in heaven) well you cant have both.. customers spending money on x and also charging them for Y>>

SIMPLE SOLUTION is called for..

This is a restaurant/hotel etc.. fine establishment etc..our purpose is to serve wine/beer booze and we do this very well.. you cant bring your own.... PLease come and enjoy and pay your bill in the end... CORKAGE!? what CORKAGE!?

I wish I could bring back The Cray Brothers.. and just be a fly on the wall when a plumber comes to quote... :LOL:

The power shift is coming make no mistake about it.. those who dont want to adapt will do so at their peril..

I am just going to invite trades people around to ask for various quotes and waste their time to hammer in the point... ooh what fun I am going to have :evil:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back