A silly little project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes I like that.

As to projects I did it when I way young and yes I did get a shock and I never put my fingers in a bulb holder again.

Looking at many table lamps they really do not comply one can touch live terminals without the use of a tool.

My son also played when he was young. Slight advantage to me my house all was RCD protected but yes he also got a shock. He would not tell me what he did.

Worst must be RF burns one quickly learns.

The problem today is we are so OTT with safety people actually think it must be safe or it wouldn't be allowed. As a result they do some really daft things.

I noted the University did not go safety daft. They seemed to consider we would use some common sense. College was however really OTT. Wearing safety glasses in case the bulb in a light box was to break. Will not be long and every student will need to ware toe protectors.

I think when one gets the question "Can I" then to talk about Part P is fair enough they asked. But really for this thread it's just not called for.

Sponsored Links
The problem today is we are so OTT with safety people actually think it must be safe or it wouldn't be allowed. As a result they do some really daft things.
Daft like assuming accidents cannot happen.

They no longer bother to look for hazards and danger and then avoid them because in this perfectly safe world all dangerous things are banned.

And besides why bother being self protective when if there is an accident we can sue someone and make a profit from own own negligence in not being self protective.

If you're an audiophile nut then why mess about amplified computer speakers? Get yourself a tripath amp off ebay for about £20. It will run off the nicad battery happily for several hours and they have an amazing kick.
It looks like ill need a t-amp after all because just last night I found out that my girlfriend gave my old speakers away as a present to her sisters kid. They are sweet and like making presents. Well see how much shell like buying me an amp now. So what do you reccomend, which one, to work with 14v batteries?

Just shows how little you know, doesn't it.

Its nothing whatsoever to do with what I do or do not know BAS, its to do with your attitude towards posters and your feeling the need to be insulting to them all.

You could instead have pointed out the errors of his ways, advised him on safety etc, but no - you just choose to be insulting.

Sponsored Links
I didn't know what the errors of his ways were, if any. What he'd said and asked so far had not filled me with confidence that when he didn't know what he was doing he wouldn't regard that as jolly good reason not to blunder on regardless.

I asked him some perfectly valid questions about things which are so important as to quite conceivably be a matter of life and death.

And in reply he said this:

I just used some cable from some old christmas tree light. I installed it overhead and no necessary mechanical protection was needed because I cant fly anyway and no one in the house can. Before I put it into service, I just gave the remote to the neighbors kid to test it one morning, he played all day locking and unlocking it, and since at dawn it was still working, I thought it has been tested enough. So I wanted to go and get someone from the building regulations to approve it, but santa clause came and stole my cable (i left the lights still connected to it).
Next time i'll do a proper job, and also get a regulations approval, ok?

Well - excuse me for thinking that someone ignorant who has that attitude to competence and vital safety is a complete ****, but he is.

Trying to quantify your insults just digs a bigger hole that you fill in with your attitude.

BAS, you have a lot of knowledge in that head of yours, the regs and so on - its a shame that you feel that you have to express it so. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back