"A Society that believes in nothing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing you know what side I’m on here. My society which believes 'something' quite rightly treats it as child abuse.

But your society does NOT see this as child abuse as this is allowed in the UK, for Muslims, Jews, Christians and anyone really. Its certainly not outlawed.

In the USA, a society closest to that of the UK, Circumcision is widely practiced, and at least half of men are circumcised.

There are many benefits of having this done, from health to hygiene, to convenience :) Plus it looks great :LOL:

Sponsored Links
IronNaz said:
There are many benefits of having this done, from health to hygiene, to convenience

The hygiene argument is valid, although washing is equally effective. There's also evidence that circumcised men are less likely to contract HIV so there could be a bit of natural selection going on there. :idea: :idea: :idea:

So much for the advantages. I can only speculate on the drawbacks because I've still got mine and I'm keeping it! It's there for a purpose, namely to protect the glans which would surely become de-sensitized through constant abrasion. :( :( :( If there's anybody out there who was circumcised later in life, can you please confirm or deny this?

Convenience? I don't get it. :confused: :confused: :confused: If you've got one you can always retract it. (Useful tip ladies: Try keeping it held back - but don't blame me if he wakes up the neighbours! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
I’m guessing you know what side I’m on here. My society which believes 'something' quite rightly treats it as child abuse.

But your society does NOT see this as child abuse as this is allowed in the UK, for Muslims, Jews, Christians and anyone really. Its certainly not outlawed.

In the USA, a society closest to that of the UK, Circumcision is widely practiced, and at least half of men are circumcised.

There are many benefits of having this done, from health to hygiene, to convenience :) Plus it looks great :LOL:
The last bastion of a flagging argument is to trivialise it or make fun of it, (or the poster). I already cited America as abusers of their children in this respect so throwing it back at me is somewhat counterproductive and doesn't tell me where your God or wise book stands on this matter.

It doesn’t matter what country practices it and I say again..

I’ve heard all sorts of justifications for this barbaric practice over the years but the bottom line is either ‘god’ put it there for a reason or he didn’t. Whichever way one looks at it, god is either stupid for putting something “useless” there or even more stupid and cruel for expecting us to remove his useless ‘perfect’ design.

If was done to a girl it would also be child abuse, done because of culture and religion as opposed to a medical condition.

I have heard every bull s**t answer on this matter from sand behind it to a man being able to feel if the other guy is of the same persuasion - sorry, I meant equally abused.

Maybe you think the child laughs with joy when this is done as blood spurts forth but if you choose to trivialise this form of child abuse I have nothing more to say to you on this thread...

There has been some research carried out regarding the statistically significant differences in the number of people who contract HIV. In particular, in African tribes which practise circumcision have far fewer cases of HIV/Aids compared to those who keep the skin intact. Bear in mind that there are similar levels of promiscuity within and these tribes and they do intermingle for sexual activity.

There is a prevailing theory that certain bacteria or virus are more likely to exist under the skin due to the availability of enclosed heat and sweat, which isn't present when circumcision has taken place.

This might form a basis as an argument in favour of it, for medical and no other reason.

A man I got to know of and respect in America

Edit/Add: I hope the mods see that I am not posting anything for shock or vulgar value but from a genuine and sincere concern on this as a serious topic attacking religions which endorse this vile practice.

It's child abuse and takes away the childs right to decide for himself!

And the so called religions involved claim to be peacefull.

Yeah right!!

And the so called religions involved claim to be peacefull.

Yeah right!!
I'm sure someone of a certain faith said something about not discriminating. It was cast/e in 'Iron', or so I thought. Hmmm....

Since the possible medical benefits don't seem to hold water, then fair enough there isn't a justification for it.

Certainly these religious ceremonies seem to be there as a throwback to the old days where they made sacrificial offerings of death and mutilations to their gods as a way of asking for a healthy crop of wheat. They just can't seem to break these sick old habits. Maybe they were a way of appeasing the hard line traditionalists at the time.

Big Tone said:
If was done to a girl it would also be child abuse
Don't even go there! There's no such thing as female circumcision. It's called clitorectomy and it happens. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I know Space Cat!

Ever caught your 4skin in a zip? How did it feel? AND THAT'S JUST A TINY LITTLE PRICK! (Absolutely no pun intended.)

Now times that by 10/20/100... But no matter, it’s good because God, or a book, says so. The scream and tears and blood is because he's hungry and looking for love - right Naz?

Tony

You need to watch what happens behind convenient closed doors mate; while they mutilate children in the name of what and why exactly.....?????

A man I got to know of and respect in America

Thanks again to mods for not censoring proper debate (Serious and logical topic for me; NHS worker in Rehab).

Sadly, I happened to stumble upon a documentary about the female genital mutilation some years ago.

It WAS actually referred to as 'female circumcision'.
The difference here was........... This particular savage religious tribe didn't get it over and done with when the children were infants, OH NO... they waited till they were old enough to fearfully wait in line, and understand fully what was about to happen to them.

What's the matter with these bloody people. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back