"A Society that believes in nothing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I saw the same one.

How about the "elders" have their penis`s cut off.

Sponsored Links
This book about medieval England that I'm ploughing my way through has all sorts of weird and wild facts in it, and on the subject of medicine the use of astrology to explain illnesses and likelihood of cure was rife, as was blood letting, as was all sorts of other myths and wives tales. In the absence of any proper research and factual knowledge then this might be understandable for the time, but given that our understanding of medicine and anatomy has increased, and many divine "mysteries" can now be explained rationally in scientific terms, one would have hoped that these "religions" and "cultures" would at least have adapted to reality and left the by-product of their occults behind.

Sponsored Links
cantaloup63 said:
but given that our understanding of medicine and anatomy has increased, and many divine "mysteries" can now be explained rationally in scientific terms, one would have hoped that these "religions" and "cultures" would at least have adapted to reality and left the by-product of their occults behind.

The inability to adapt to change has always been religion's achilles heel. When scientific theory doesn't fit the facts, the scientist rewrites the theory. When religious dogma doesn't fit the facts, you have a big problem and, all too often, it has been solved by trying to change the facts - which is bad news if you're one of the facts that needs changing! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Since religions are based on 'self-evident truths' or rules supposedly handed to man by some extraterrestrial entity (call it God if you like), it's hard to see any way out of this dilemma. One option is to re-interpret the original text. Taking the Great Flood as an example, it's obvious to us that there isn't enough water to flood the whole world but, back in Noah's time, 'the whole world' wasn't so big; maybe no more than could be seen from one horizon to the other. And two of every animal? It's a pretty fair bet that Noah knew nothing of elephants or polar bears so we can interpret that as "two of every known animal". That cuts it down a bit. :) :) :)

Unfortunately, this kind of approach will not get around a self-evident truth which threatens to destroy us all, namely "Go forth and multiply". In a way it was inevitable because it was simple Darwinian evolution. If there were any religions that advocated population control, they are long gone and so we humans have become a plague upon the Earth. :( :( :( Pope Benedict, the ball is in your court! :!: :!: :!:

Female circumcision has absolutely nothing to do with Islam.

Alarm - Islam is a religion of peace. No amount of anti-muslim propoganda on the usual hate sites will change this. You saw from the recent riots which swept the UK just how peaceful, strong and vigilant the Muslim communities were whilst chaos rained down around us.

IronNaz said:

Correct! It seems to be most prevalent in Africa (Egypt and Sudan, unless anybody knows different) so I would guess that it's a tribal thing. It's not the only example of deliberate female mutilation either. There's an old Chinese custom of binding baby girls' feet so that they grow into useless lumps. The funny thing is, it's mostly women who who insist on hacking bits off their daughters.

and also said:
Islam is a religion of peace.

As are all the others. Jesus would turn in his grave if he knew half the atrocities that had been committed in his name. :eek: :eek: :eek: Moses and Muhammad too (and I hope I spelt that right). But it was never about religion; it was about politics. It always is. :( :( :(

You came back up for air now that the abuse which has been pointed out has been highlighted...

You countenance male circumcision and turn it into a joke and then use a classic Straw Man argument using the "female circumcision" also mentioned in this thread which was not what I was attacking your brand of faith over. I’ll make it real simple for you in Straw Man terms so everybody can see clearly what you have just tried, and failed, to do. In fact I think this is probably the simplest example of Straw Man I've seen: -

Tony: Male circumcision is child abuse

Naz: We don’t circumcise women

In the absence of a direct denial, I take your reluctance to mean it is a painful and sadistic aspect of your faith which it systematically exacts on all innocent male children?

Did you even watch my link I wonder? It was a boy, not a girl, but you choose to try and wriggle out of it because that’s all you can do instead of addressing the despicable MALE circumcision which you approve of.

What this shows me is that you will not denounce this cruel practice exactly because your faith tells you to do it instead of thinking about it logically, biologically, impartially and compassionately. I’m not falling out with you Naz, but I’ll be dammed if I am going to let you side track this issue or your justification of it on spurious grounds and illogical arguments.

It has a function and a purpose and is found on other mammals. Is it your intention to conveniently cherry pick what you reply to or are you going to give direct answers to specific replies. Let’s start with this one...

Either ‘god’ put it there for a reason or he didn’t. Whichever way one looks at it, god is either stupid for putting something “useless” there or even more stupid and cruel for expecting us to remove his useless ‘perfect’ design?

So which is it Naz?

Can I come around to your house and cut the ear lobes off your kids? Well why not? It's just a bit of 'useless flesh' serving 'no purpose' after all...

And, having both appendages myself, I can tell you which is infinitely more painful!!!

@Bigtone

What you don't realise my old mucka is that GOD works in mysterious ways
You see the human body is perfect but god put foreskins on to test our faith as it needs to be cut off

Its a bit like all those pesky dinosaurs skeletons he keeps burying all over the place

And those pesky pigs we shouldn't eat yet taste SO delicious, Sizzling bacon is a direct test of ANYONES faith including veggies:)

Now that is funny :LOL:

Dare you do one about Allah though. No, we can’t least a corpulent baby's cry cometh our way.

(I wonder if people will get that one)

Big Tone said:
It's just a bit of 'useless flesh' serving 'no purpose' after all...
Some women might disagree - and not just because it's where they put their earrings. ;) ;) ;)
I'm sure ear lobes don't give as much pleasure as a gland which has been protected from external influences until needed. ;) But then only an un-circumcised man would know that.

I still have the choice, MY CHOICE, to change it if I decide it's for me, unlike other religions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back