A Strongboy at each end?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NO - this isn't rude!

I've seen Stongboys for use with Acrows, specifically at the top of Acrows.

For reasons I won't bore you with, I'd like to put a Strongboy at each end of a short Acrow, forming a C shape, to avoid taking the load to the floor.

I'm convinced I've seen this somewere before, but an hour on the WWW and I can't find reference to it.

Does anyone have experience of this / have seen this?

Strongboy's website recommend one every 900mm (in normal use), but maybe I should use them closer with a C solution? Ideas?

Sponsored Links
I've seen a device like this available from hire shops. Basically a few course are removed to allow the lintel/beam to be slotted in and the load is taken by the prop to the wall below which is left in place untill afterwards.

The concept seems OK, but I'm not sure if the strongboys wil take the load in this way.

IIRC the device I am thinking of also 'hooked' over the width of the wall to stop it sliding outwards

Have a look at a Brick shure, SGB make them. Can clamp them back to the acro so no chance of slipping out.

NO - this isn't rude!

I've seen Stongboys for use with Acrows, specifically at the top of Acrows.

For reasons I won't bore you with, I'd like to put a Strongboy at each end of a short Acrow, forming a C shape, to avoid taking the load to the floor.

I'm convinced I've seen this somewere before, but an hour on the WWW and I can't find reference to it.

Does anyone have experience of this / have seen this?

Strongboy's website recommend one every 900mm (in normal use), but maybe I should use them closer with a C solution? Ideas?

It would be useful knowing what you're trying to achieve.
More info needed. :!:

Sponsored Links
woody wrote

Basically a few course are removed to allow the lintel/beam to be slotted in and the load is taken by the prop to the wall below which is left in place untill afterwards.

Hi woody.

What type of crystal ball are you using ?. And where has the OP mentioned lintels ?.

How about a couple of big planks jowads ?. This forum is full of them. ;)

My dear Balenza, how often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

buttrock.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back