A Technical Question

Sponsored Links
I've always been big.. I'm 6ft4 with a big frame anyway..etc

With respect ColJack, thats just a sad tale of admitting defeat...
i know it's easy to criticise my stance, but you have the chance to change things yourself, but only if you REALLY want to. Don't ever go on a diet.... you need to change your life style... forever.... it's up to you, no one else...
Somehow I think that CJ will be well aware of many of the diets, the need to change etc etc etc, 'cos big boys tend to try many things to fix and resolve the issue. :!:

i know it's easy to criticise my stance, but you have the chance to change things yourself, but only if you REALLY want to. Don't ever go on a diet.... you need to change your life style... forever.... it's up to you, no one else...
Somehow I think that CJ will be well aware of many of the diets, the need to change etc etc etc, 'cos big boys tend to try many things to fix and resolve the issue. :!:

but i said to NEVER go on a diet!!!! :!:

We're all on a diet, a different lifestyle etc will include a variation of diet as a matter of course.

Sponsored Links
I know it's a lifestyle change..
I like salad and don't mind eating it ever day, special K for breakfast not a problem too..
I was doing great untill the move, then it was just the last thing I wanted to do after being out from 06:00 - 17:30 every day.. start cooking or prepping a salad..
I tried doing it in bulk on a sunday afternoon but by wednesday the lettuce was brown, the celery soggy and the radishes all dried out..

if there was a "salad hut" nearby then I'd happily stop there for a drive-through takeaway salad, but by that time of night the shops have little choice left, with what there is not being the best salad in the world, and spending another 30 mins queing at the supermarket is the last thing you want to do..
the fact that I haven't had a real kitchen for the last 3 years had it's part to play also..
I stripped it out to re-do it and set up "camp" in the spare room.. but with no hob to use left me with microwave, grill or oven cooked meals as an option..
I must admit that I never bought a deep fat fryer until about 3 months ago so any chips etc were all oven cooked..

while unlimately it's all down to me, I do think that the way you are raised has some part to play in it..
if you're raised on healthy food and sensible portions and encouraged to do sports or play outside then you end up with a better mindset than if you're fed oversized portions and made to eat everything, sat in front of the telly every night and hate sports because you're big and get teased a lot ...

We're all on a diet, a different lifestyle etc will include a variation of diet as a matter of course.

Not really.. a diet, typically means a change to eating habits in order to achieve a weight loss. Whereas a change to life style could involve different eating habits, but could also mean walking to work, going to bed early, not doing takeaways ...etc etc etc.

the soup diet, or the 2000 calorie diet, in my opinion, works for very few people.... Hence why it's so popular... so many people searching for what a small minority achieve...

We're not really disagreeing in that certain lifestyles and nurtured habits tend to lead to different physical activities and eating "habits" and general dietary arrangements , and that even a small new variation can lead to huge differences in the long run. Micro affecting macro, as it were.

Unless you're of a particular make up, it's not really likely that you can sustain huge conscious variations (such as keeping to diets, go to the gym "religiously", or even masticate your food 20 times before swallowing).

The trick is to find some small thing which you can "slip" into your current lifestyle, which will prove to be a useful catalyst for other things.

We're not really disagreeing in that certain lifestyles and nurtured habits tend to lead to different physical activities and eating "habits" and general dietary arrangements , and that even a small new variation can lead to huge differences in the long run. Micro affecting macro, as it were.

Unless you're of a particular make up, it's not really likely that you can sustain huge conscious variations (such as keeping to diets, go to the gym "religiously", or even masticate your food 20 times before swallowing).

The trick is to find some small thing which you can "slip" into your current lifestyle, which will prove to be a useful catalyst for other things.

but you started off telling me that ColJack will be aware of many of the diets... when i'm not suggesting a diet - on the contrary. And then you end up saying the trick is to 'slip' something into you current lifestyle, when that is EXACTLY what i said - "change your lifestyle".

Ultimately it's about re-inventing yourself, and being strong enough to live your life in a different way to the current, comfortable way. Big or little change... but dont slip back.... change things forever....
It aint easy, but it is do-able!

but you started off telling me that ColJack will be aware of many of the diets... when i'm not suggesting a diet - on the contrary. And then you end up saying the trick is to 'slip' something into you current lifestyle, when that is EXACTLY what i said - "change your lifestyle".
fair point - I think I read your original point with a preset bias in my mind. My mistake. :oops:
Ultimately it's about re-inventing yourself, and being strong enough to live your life in a different way to the current, comfortable way. Big or little change... but dont slip back.... change things forever....
It aint easy, but it is do-able!
We agree, with the proviso (in my mind anyway) that for it to be successful, it should be a tiny change that is of no real conscious effort. If it ain't then it'll be doomed to fail, just like all those miracle (yoyo) "diets" we know about and all thos short lived gym memberships and home exercise gizmos and fads.

Example - I stopped smoking (20+ per day) a week ago. It's a small thing to do, since nicotine addiction isn't really that hard to get over (in comparison to certain other "hard" drugs), and yet it is having an adverse effect on my body, it's metabolism and some dietary arrangements. Once I am over the initial "forget about it" twinge stage, then I'll need to redress the balance.

Example - I stopped smoking (20+ per day) a week ago. It's a small thing to do, since nicotine addiction isn't really that hard to get over

those poor deprived nicotine receptors. what did they ever do to you? bully :evil:

Example - I stopped smoking (20+ per day) a week ago. It's a small thing to do, since nicotine addiction isn't really that hard to get over

those poor deprived nicotine receptors. what did they ever do to you? bully :evil:
Nothing, but 'twas their time :cry: :cry: :cry:

i seen a telly prog once about sumo wrestlers, and their apprentices had the job of wiping their backside,

Given the design of Japanese toilets, I'd imagine that the wiping would be the lesser of two problems!

Wonder if they ever consider getting a bidet installed...

i seen a telly prog once about sumo wrestlers, and their apprentices had the job of wiping their backside,

Given the design of Japanese toilets, I'd imagine that the wiping would be the lesser of two problems!

Wonder if they ever consider getting a bidet installed...

the warm spray can be very pleasant, followed by the warm air, dont knock it ;)

Sponsored Links
Back