A Technical Question

i seen a telly prog once about sumo wrestlers, and their apprentices had the job of wiping their backside, and i thought ihad it bad as an apprentice plumber when i had to carry all the tools back to the van and then go to the chippy

Sponsored Links
he gets a little bit.. you get the whole stack blocked solid and a buch of sticks to poke it out with... who's got the better job?

What sort of lesson was it??
Twas a year 10 maths lesson - we were looking at some key circle theorems. After half an hour or so, we naturally digressed onto new year resolutions, which brought up my having stopped smoking, which brought up stories of how my previous head and deputy used to drag me out of lessons to cadge a cig when they'd run out, which led to the story of one head dragging me out of a year 11 (set 1) lesson two weeks before their GCSE to ask me the question upon which this thread is based.

Obvious really :oops: :cry: :cry: :oops:

Sponsored Links
FWIW I am currently around the 30st mark..

I started the year at 20 stone dead. I now weight 19 4 1/4. I hope to lose a lot of weight this year and sincerely hope to keep it off.

I'm terrified of dying young.

FWIW I am currently around the 30st mark..

I started the year at 20 stone dead. I now weight 19 4 1/4. I hope to lose a lot of weight this year and sincerely hope to keep it off. I'm terrified of dying young.

I come in at about 17st or so, which I fear will balloon now I'm off the ciggies. Can't help but feel that I need to reacquaint myself with Alan Carrs easyway to lose weight - he talks a lot of sense if you've not read it.

I'm malnourished! :eek:

11st 2lb! and 5'-8" tall/short.

For the record,
BP is constant at 124 over 72 give or take a point up or down depending on time of day. :LOL:

I'm malnourished! :eek:

11st 2lb! and 5'-8" tall/short.

For the record,
BP is constant at 124 over 72 give or take a point up or down depending on time of day. :LOL:
I object to you eating food that I could have :!:

I've always been big.. I'm 6ft4 with a big frame anyway..

I blame my mother.. she used to gon on at me about going on a diet and loosing weight, but she was the one giving me huge portions and the wrong stuff to eat... :)
As a child I got adult portions and was always told that I had to eat it all before I got any pudding.. which was most nights..

I also blame a work colleage of mine from when I started work as a YTS trainee..
he was 2 years older and as big a guy as I am now..
he started asking me If I wanted to go to the chippy with him on a dinnertime.. ..
when I said I couldn't afford it he would say "go on, I'll buy you a bag of chips"... the condition was that I was always the one to get out of the car and go get the chips.....
so that's how it started with chips everyday that progressed onto pie and chips when I could afford to start buying my own...
this was occasionally broken up by forays to the sandwhich wagon that started as BEST on crusty and ended up as "mixed grill" when they got to know us.. the mixed grill was 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 3 egg, kebab burger, beefburger, mushrooms, fried bread, beans and tomatoes.. all for £3...

this went on for 3 years and saw my weight baloon from about 17st to about 25st...
it has since then crept up to my current weight over the past 11 years..
I did go on a diet about 4 years ago that saw me back down to 26st6 when I heard that my mate above had died of pneumonia in hospital..
the diet lasted for about 6 months until the company i worked for moved and instead of getting home by 16:45 I wasn't getting back until 17:30 or so.. the longer drive draining my mental resolve and then it started with the "oh I can't be bothered with the 30-45 mins prep time for a salad, I'll grab some chips or order a pizza.. or bung some dippers in the oven and collapse on the sofa while it cooks...."..

6`3" 13 stone 8lbs

smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish

Dex the answer to your question is a short stick wrapped in flannels

was in your neck of the woods 2 weeks back (Deansgate) lovely people

:evil:

I've always been big.. I'm 6ft4 with a big frame anyway..

I blame my mother.. she used to gon on at me about going on a diet and loosing weight, but she was the one giving me huge portions and the wrong stuff to eat... :)
As a child I got adult portions and was always told that I had to eat it all before I got any pudding.. which was most nights..

I also blame a work colleage of mine from when I started work as a YTS trainee..
he was 2 years older and as big a guy as I am now..
he started asking me If I wanted to go to the chippy with him on a dinnertime.. ..
when I said I couldn't afford it he would say "go on, I'll buy you a bag of chips"... the condition was that I was always the one to get out of the car and go get the chips.....
so that's how it started with chips everyday that progressed onto pie and chips when I could afford to start buying my own...
this was occasionally broken up by forays to the sandwhich wagon that started as BEST on crusty and ended up as "mixed grill" when they got to know us.. the mixed grill was 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 3 egg, kebab burger, beefburger, mushrooms, fried bread, beans and tomatoes.. all for £3...

this went on for 3 years and saw my weight baloon from about 17st to about 25st...
it has since then crept up to my current weight over the past 11 years..
I did go on a diet about 4 years ago that saw me back down to 26st6 when I heard that my mate above had died of pneumonia in hospital..
the diet lasted for about 6 months until the company i worked for moved and instead of getting home by 16:45 I wasn't getting back until 17:30 or so.. the longer drive draining my mental resolve and then it started with the "oh I can't be bothered with the 30-45 mins prep time for a salad, I'll grab some chips or order a pizza.. or bung some dippers in the oven and collapse on the sofa while it cooks...."..

With respect ColJack, thats just a sad tale of admitting defeat...
i know it's easy to criticise my stance, but you have the chance to change things yourself, but only if you REALLY want to. Don't ever go on a diet.... you need to change your life style... forever.... it's up to you, no one else...

Sponsored Links
Back