A whole new Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I currently have an accenta G4 alarm panel, one keypad, 3 sensors and a bell box. This was all in the house when we moved in and its never worked properly.
What happened was it all works but the bell box never alarmed, I messed about a little and got the bell box to siren but then it wouldn't go off, so at the moment just the strobe works.

I'm pondering on buying a whole new system and just using the existing wiring. Without me trawling loads of threads what's a decent make alarm system and where's the best place to buy ?

:D

Sponsored Links
If you can't get the current system to work which is not that old,what makes you think you will be able to get a new one working! Get a local installer to have a look it may be a simple 1 hr call fix.

I f'ed about with it with help off someone on here about a year ago and i think it came down to the panel at fault.

So what are decent alarms and best places to look?

I am only an amateur so it seems foolhardy for me to comment but it would be a pity to dump a control panel and bell box without first identifying exactly what is wrong (especially as the Accenta G4 is the current model).

First option would be to get in a professional - it might be a quick job to sort the problem out.

Alternatively, have you got hold of the installation manuals for the panel and bell box? Have you checked the wiring (both the connections and continuity)? Have you checked the bell output from the panel with a meter (probably terminals B and D) when activated/not activated?

Sponsored Links
I had posted some suggestions here but now I see that you have previously tried to solve the problem on the AVForums as well as in an earlier thread here.

At this stage I really think you should call in a professional. He would probably be able to sort it out fairly quickly. Otherwise you are likely to go round in circles.

Good luck whatever you do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back