A1GP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to see the A1GP at Brands Hatch today. Was pretty good, although at times it seemed more like safety car racing.

Same-spec cars made for interesting racing, but it became clear soon on that same-spec cars makes for nigh-on impossible overtaking. The South African driver managed to whizz his way up from the back of the grid, made the sprint race worth watching! GB was at the lead for a while but disappeared off the track out of my field of view, dunno what happened to him. :LOL:

Anyone else see it?

Sponsored Links
Missed it, due to sky sport only, broadcast.

Flippin BBC bought the rights, just so they could sell them on to Sky.

Hope it becomes popular, then the beeb will relent and show it with any luck. :rolleyes:

Well, it's definitely more accessible for spectators (although not TV spectators: not sure how many people have Sky Sports but judging by my friends most people get it almost exclusively for the football)

Cost me £35 to get in (would have been £29 if I had booked online), pit pass was £10 (but limited numbers, so I missed that one too!).

However, British GP at Silverstone... £150!!! And try getting into an F1 pitlane without being media or VIP!

Sponsored Links
Back