ABS Euro Cylinder wont to turn once installed into uPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have purchased a new ABS Euro Cylinder lock for my front door, after installation it will not turn inside the door.

Comparing my old lock to this new one, the only difference that I can see is the old lock has the black locking tab feathered at the inside end closest to the mechanism.

I have taken a picture of the locks together to highlight what I mean:

I really do not know what the best thing to do is next, looking at other pictures of locks they are all the same solid block design.

Short of filling to match the profile is there anything I may be missing?

The measurements at the same new and old, the install was done as per the many descriptions on the web and it was secured with its new screw.

Sponsored Links
Hi Alarm, thanks for your reply, can you advise as to the specific difference please? When holding the two units together they are the same length and dimensions, the cam of course is different, however if these are universal should it not be one and the same?

I was looking over alternative locks earlier today and each picture I cam across looked much the same as the ABS lock, in that the cam when turning was a solid square block.

Do I need to source some sort of tapered cam based lock? Are these easily sourced?

Thanks very much. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back