Abusive posts: Naming and Shaming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of the Moderators just posting to say that abusive post are not welcome, why don't they name the person who posted as well?

It might discourage them from future abusive postings.

Sponsored Links
That will not work, and that is one of the things moderators do

Moderator11 said:
A person who has several Abusive Posts removed by moderators will have his membership suspended.
That's all very well, but we do not know (s)he has been suspended. We assume they are not logged on or busy or on holiday etc.

The offender should also be named if they are suspended or kicked off completely.

The offender should also be named if they are suspended or kicked off completely.

why?

If they are suspended / banned I can not see that it matters. A few have been banned over the years, but whats the point of naming them?
Some who are banned, are banned because this forum has a "toting up procedure" too many bad points and off you go.
But most get fed up and leave of their own acord

Sponsored Links
what justice its a forum, its not real. its dealt with by the mods and admin, what more do you want, and why would you want it?

what justice its a forum, its not real.
It may be a forum , but it has rules. Naming and shaming would show that the rules - particularly Rule 1 - are enforced.

What do you mean when you say the forum is not "real"?

Personally i do think its ok to name and shame.
Users do get banned, and they do come back under different names, but if they are habitual troublemakers then you can usually pick up on their posting style that its a known forum phelon!

It gives us something to look out for i guess.

However, the flip side, is, we can all have a bad day where we vent a little too much on the forum. If we get named and shamed for an out-of-character bad post, then other users may just assume you are a troublemaker and you could be tarnished indefinitely.

Sponsored Links
Back