AC failure Yale alarm HSA6400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son's Yale alarm shows AC failure I have checked outlet socket reads 240 checked power adapter reads 12.4 tried ever outlet in the house all ok tried a different circuit as he has a different circuit for outside still remains AC failure took it home tried it in my house no problems any help please

Sponsored Links
Is the adaptor firmly plugged into the control panel?

any sign of damage to the connector plug, socket or cable?

What did you take home? The plug power supply AND the control panel?

Which colour lamp is showing on the control panel? Green? Amber? Might it be that it is reporting a problem that has since been fixed? Look at the log and clear it.

You will have to tell us the model number of the alarm if you want more help.

Both panel and adapter tried another adapter still same problem

I think it's the 6400 tried to do a reset but don't get the arrows show just a code number but when you type anything it goes to home alarm off it did say pir battery low changed batteries cleared log but still come back AC failure, both lights on green at the top amber underneath the green

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
amber lamp?

have you got the instruction book?

it might be the socket in the control panel where the adaptor plugs in, but difficult to damage that unless someone tripped over the cable and yanked it.

Both lights green and amber can't figure out why it's ok at my house
Tried to reset to factory but don't get the arrows show just enter code which are numbers and letters but when you type anything it goes to home alarm off

Hi John both lamps show green and amber tried doing reset to factory settings but don't get the arrows show just a message code which are letters and numbers but when you press any button it goes to home alarm off, I can't figure out why it is ok at my house but not his

green light indicates it is charging.

you might be stuck in log display.

press the "return" button (half-circle with arrowhead) a few times and it should take you back to main display.

I can't remember how (if?) to clear the log.

Power failure fault would get logged again when you unplugged it at your house to take it back.

I have done that you scroll down with the arrow and press the tick but amber light still on

to go back to log from main menu:

Entering Programming Mode

The programming mode is for you to configure the system, and make any changes to the pre-set functions.

If the system is in Disarmed (Alarm off) mode, follow the steps below to enter the programming mode.

1 Press ‘pr’ key on the function key list.

The screen will prompt you to enter the PIN code.

2 Key in your PIN code within 30 seconds.

3 Press (tick) to continue.

message is displayed for 2 seconds.

4 Then the Programming Main Menu will typically be displayed.

5 The following items can be selected:

· Fault log (appears only if there is a fault condition in your system)

· Walk Test

· Devices +/-

· Log

· Adv. Settings

· Tel. Settings

6 After making a selection by moving the cursor to the desired item, press (tick) to confirm the selection. The display will show you the individual programming screen accordingly.

Note

• If a down-arrow symbol appears on the last column of the screen, it indicated the selection list can be scrolled downwards. If the lowest position is reached, the down-arrow symbol disappears.

• If an up-arrow symbol appears on the last column of the screen, it indicated the selection list can be scrolled upwards. If the highest position is reached, the up-arrow symbol disappears.

• Selecting (return button) will return to the Alarm Off screen.

Important Note

• In programming mode, if no key is pressed within 5 minutes, the control panel will automatically exit the programming mode and return to the Alarm Off screen.

Last edited:
Yes have the manual tried every thing even downloaded another manual that covers about 10 Yale alarms and one of them is the same as his manual

Ok I will give that ago Saturday never seen press key 3 just hit the tick key it's not in the manual hit key 3

"3" is a defect in my copy and paste. there is a picture of the button in the original. I have corrected it.

If the alarm has a telephone connector, it will be the 6400. there is a 6200 which does not have telecoms.

Yes it must be the 6400 because it has the telephone line as I said before I can't figure out that it's ok in my house but not his but will try again this Saturday and let you know how it goes thanks for your help

Hi John all lights ok but can't learn siren when you try to add devises says already in system but no way to remove any ides

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back