Yale Control Panel Alarm CONSTANT alarm!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

First time poster been driven to the site by a constant alarm notification going off in our home!

10 days ago now, my family were woken by a distant (but very noticeable) alarm noise. Not like a house alarm where decibels are high, more a constant repetition Pip Pip...Pip Pip Pip.
This occurs every 2/3 seconds. As you can imagine it's driven us to distraction.

We appear to have narrowed down the search to a spare room, however the noise appears to be between the walls or above the ceiling.

As a last resort I contacted Yale. I hadn't believed that it would be the home alarm as the Control Panel is downstairs, and no notifications appear on the panel. I've even switched the alarm off, and still the noise continues.

The helpful Yale representative took me through a few exploratory options, pressing 'Pr' and then the Tick. Upon doing so, AC Failure appeared on the control panel. She informed me that a signal failure had occurred between the Control Panel and a white box (!?) and that I would need to purchase a new adaptor, which I have duly done. Adaptor switched out but same Pip Pip...Pip Pip Pip.

I contacted Yale support again who asked me to look at the Pr system on the control board again, this time there was no AC notification so she rather unhelpfully told me the noise we are experiencing is not an alarm fault.

I'm at a loss here, short of ripping the plaster board from the walls, I don't know what else to do. I still believe it is the Yale alarm system, perhaps one of the sensors (no sign which one) but if it's not, what the bleep could it possibly be!!???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Have you got any smoke detectors in or around that room?

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

I do, however it's clear the noise isn't coming from the smoke detector from checking up close. Also, smoke detector notifications are infrequent, perhaps once every 30 seconds. This is constant, every 2/3 seconds.

low battery in smoke detectors often beep regularly.

maybe a short video so we can hear the sound being made. John D is the guy here that knows Yale well.

is it near the external sounder on the wall?

Sponsored Links
low battery in smoke detectors often beep regularly.

maybe a short video so we can hear the sound being made. John D is the guy here that knows Yale well.

is it near the external sounder on the wall?

Unfortunately I seem unable to send an attachment of the audio, I receive a note stating 'the upload does not have an allowed extension'

I'm not discounting a smoke detector, however have held all 3 up to my ear and they don't appear to be the source.

The noise is at the opposite end of the external sounder.

Take the Batteries out of the wireless bell box.if noise stops issue is with bell box?
Could be low battery voltage, faulty bell box !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back