Accenta 6 Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone Help? :(
This alarm was installed (1997) before we moved in...
Alarm has stopped working for no reason. The whole system seems to be dead and has no power to it whatsoever...I've checked the 3 fuses in the main Box and the have not blown..but there seems to be no power to the PIR's, Key Pad...etc
Any Ideas?
Cheers
Nige

Sponsored Links
2 things has it ever had a battery ? If not there is a large resistor on the pcb is it burnt out ? And how did you check the fuses ?

There is a large Grey oblong Battery in the Main Box, it has not been replaced as far as I know? (Where can I get a replacement if this is the cause of the problem?
There are 3 fuses (Silver tops, glass housing) on the pcb, one top left & 2 next to each other bottom left...I removed them and checked if the fuse wire was still in tact, all three seemed to be OK :confused:

Post a picture of the pcb in the main box, you can get a battery from screw fix just looking at the fuse may not be 100% accurate.

Sponsored Links
If it is, a 15 year old battery could cause your problems, just surprised it has not done this sooner.

It looks like there has been some sort of short circuit at some time.

Note the burnt area around the first two diodes to the right of the pair of fuses.

Thank you...Does this mean I need to replace the whole board?...I'm not an expert in this area :rolleyes:

Normally the large resistor R47 above the large blue capacitor would be burnt that looks ok the heat marks around the diodes are pretty standard, first check transformer output ac disconnected from main board 17-21 v ac if ok re check when connected back, then check aux volts (dc) on pcb with cables disconnected, 13.80 dc and bell + disconnected. Have had a panel where an issue with the bell was pulling the aux volts down to 2 v but not blowing fuse.

Hi,
New Battery Installed, and did find a blown fuse located next to the mains power feed so all seems to be working and there is power to the alarm...except now have a new problem - I have tried to reset the alarm using the key pad but it looks like the original installer may have set a unique engineer reset code when it was installed 15 years ago (No longer trading) which is not on any of the paperwork we have :rolleyes:
Any ideas?

Thank you...Sorry to appear thick...How do I do that, I'm not really a techy,
just muddle through!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back