Accenta 6 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I bought a house a year ago, and have had problems with the alarm.

Whenever I cut the mains power to the alarm, such as when I need to do wiring jobs etc, the alarm always goes off.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but I have never experienced this before with other alarms. Annoyingly, I cannot turn the alarm off until the power is reconencted, at which point, the keypad alarm also sounds.

Does the internal battery need replacing, or is this a design flaw/feature of the box?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ok, I've found that my current battery is a 12V 1.3Ah battery. I've found an exact replacement at

http://www.shop4.co.uk/acatalog/Lynteck_-_Alarm_Battery_-12v_1.3Ah.html#aOL1_2e3_2d12

...but was wondering if this was a rechargable battery, or do I need a rechargable one, or should I get one with a higher Ah value?
:)

Don't mess around, buy the battery you have linked to.

Of course it is a rechargeable one. It is constantly on charge when it is installed. It is there to stop the alarm from going off if there is a power failure.
The one you have is old and knackered, thats all.

Don't buy a bigger one, you don't need it and/or it won't fit and/or the charge circuitry in your alarm panel may not like it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back