Accenta 6 KeyPad change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Can someone please help....My old accenta 6 RKP keeps missing numbers and is about 15 years old see photo
130000_129212_34017_38824465_thumb.jpg

I have replaced it with this one
130000_129212_34016_92291119_thumb.jpg

The problem is i cannot arm my system as the keypad seems dead after returning to the old pad the systems works again.The wiring for the new RKP is the same,i have taken care to power things down before the switch over and all fuses seem fine.The new RKP does illuminate when power is restored but the keypad does not operate....Any idea's ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't answer your question I'm afraid, don't know your panel, but a couple of observations.

1. Keypads, same, but different, are they compatible?
2. Fuses seem fine, they either are or are not.
Only way to check a fuse is with a meter when removed from its holder, eyes only doesn't work.

Hi thanks for the reply...This is the problem i'm now not sure if they are compatible and was hoping someone had had some success with the later unit and i was doing something wrong.

Yes fuses tested fine and as mentioned the old Keypad works when re connected to the Accenta 6 system.

how many led zone lights on your old rkp ? iam certain that ive fitted the new key pad on the old panel panel before, but that was about 3/4 years ago they may have changed the software when they brought out the G4. does the keypad have a software version sticker ?

Sponsored Links
Hi Sparky theres 8 areas/leds the 2 units look nearly the same all the wiring is the same and the functions in the front,same. i have opened both units up and the circuit boards are slightly different the later one being Blue.

As i mentioned once wired the pad illuminates but wont instruct the alarm unit ?

Hope this helps

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but my next door neighbour has an Accenta 6 panel with this old keypad and we cannot find a replacement keypad anywhere.

If I buy him a new Accenta G4 (and keypad), will it work with his existing detectors, external bell box etc?

Can I just swap panels, connect up the existing wiring and program it up and it's good to go? I'd like to try to help the guy out, but don't want to waste £50 on an incompatible panel.

Thanks for any advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back