Accenta 6 Battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a similar problem with my RKP and Accenta 6 as described in a recent thread i.e. no power light on the RKP although the keypad buttons are lit. The conclusion on that now locked thread is that the battery is likely to be the problem. My question is what sort of battery is used and what does it look like (a quick peek inside the control unit and I'm not sure which bit is the battery :oops: ). Also, where would I be able to buy one of these batteries?

Many Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
You can't miss it.

If you open the panel you will see a large rectangular block with leads to it.

You can get them at Maplins.

Get at least the 2.1 amp hour variety.

I was looking for a more "normal" AA type rechargeable battery initially. However, I now have a replacement battery from Maplins and all is fine again. Whoever installed the original battery wrote the date on the front, would you believe July 1997, so I guess it was up for renewal (like about 5 years ago :) )

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
Make sure you date your new battery too.

This is standard practice so batteries are routinely replaced when they reach the end of their useful lives. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back