Accenta 8 keypad inop

Put it in the panel and reboot it - like we've told you all week.
We'll never know, he'll be too embarrassed to post again to say that we were correct.

Correct you will never know although not through embarrassment , you need to grow up and stop acting like a spoilt child . You keyboard terrorists are all the same , I consider others who may not apprieciate me working on a alarm at 7 in evening .
It's a shame that.

Forums are all about learning & teaching, if our answer to your problem is correct, what a waste it will be to others who might be looking for an answer.

By the way, doing what you have to do will not annoy anyone other than your household for a few seconds.

Don't forget there is mains electricky in the box, it can hurt.

why do you want to know the outcome if your so sure your correct?.
i dont need lessons on forums as iam a member of a number .unlike you though i dont post sarcastic answers to people who may not have the same understanding on a subject,you may know that it wont set my alarm off fitting a battery without a working code pad but i dont otherwise i would not of posted on this site, just check how many so called experts have told me to turn the alarm off when its set off via tamper using the code pad which is not currently working.
manners cost nothing but its easy to be a arse when you are hiding behind a pc
better for people to think your a idiot than to open your mouth and prove beyond all doubt .dont you think, have a nice day, thanks again for advice

Sponsored Links
manners cost nothing but its easy to be a a**e when you are hiding behind a pc

FFS - where is this imaginary abuse? You've been told a hundred times to fit the battery and reboot the system. Which bit of that don't you understand?

That is what you MUST do if you want it sorted.

Hiding behind a PC giving free advice to someone that just can't get their head around the problem.

Hiding? :confused:

maybe he wants someone to come and do it for him ? lol

Another comedian enters the room lol, sadly too late , thanks to chain daisy for help in this and his time and effort , a shame he has to put up with comments on here ,
Please no more "help" I've opted out of email alerts

Thanks again ,

Sponsored Links
Have fun replacing the battery and rebooting the thing. :mrgreen:

well its not me that stuck on the magic roundabout is it ? you have been told more than once what you need to do.

well its not me that stuck on the magic roundabout is it ? you have been told more than once what you need to do.
Why do they come to a DiY forum, ask a question, get replies saying the same thing, and, then arguing about it, never mind the veiled (*) abuse?

PS Answers 1 & 2, page 1

T.P.C. has told you nothing else, other than a essay full of rubbish.

Why do they come to a DiY forum, ask a question, get replies saying the same thing, and, then arguing about it, never mind the veiled (*) abuse?

PS Answers 1 & 2, page 1

The answer to your question in line one is...

Line 3

just check how many so called experts have told me to turn the alarm off when its set off via tamper using the code pad which is not currently working.
At least two of those are known to be experienced alarm engineers

manners cost nothing but its easy to be a a**e when you are hiding behind a pc
it is just as easy to give bad advice when hiding behind a pc.

better for people to think your a idiot than to open your mouth and prove beyond all doubt .dont you think
We know beyond all doubt who is giving idiotic advice from behind his pc

PS Answers 1 & 2, page 1

The answer to your question in line one is...

Line 3
Oh yea, sorry :LOL:

I dare say he changed the battery and rebooted it by now.

Then again we told him that on page one. :rolleyes:

Ok I had this exact problem, dead battery.
1. buy battery
2. switch off power to Main box and open it
3. unplug duff battery and close main box
4. turn power back on, keypad will come to life and alarm will start, type in your number on keypad to stop noise.
5. Open main box again, tamper will sound, connect battery, close main box go to keypad and type in your number to reset tamper.
6. enjoy another 5 years of trouble free alarm......................lol maybe

Seeing as this thread has been dragged up, I'd like to comment for the benefit of anybody reading this in the future.

I don't know if I've missed a trick here, but to my mind there is something everybody seems to have forgotten here.

A modern ADE panel will not necessarily "reboot" by powering down mains and battery.

Only the early Optima panels without NVM used to do that, as disconnecting both mains and back up power caused it to "lose its memory" and reset itself.

When the RKP locks out like this, you have to reset the NVM.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back