Accenta 8 - no power to keypads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all newbie here, I have two key pads on my Accenta 8 system, the downstairs key pad has been getting stickier and stickier so I thought I'd remove it and clean up with a rubber and swap them over. I used the engineers code to disarm and took photos and made a note to get the pairs back in the right connections. I did this and then pressed reset, but had no power to the keypads. I tried turning off the power, disconnecting batter and powering up again after 60 seconds, but still no success, the bell was triggered with no way to silence it. Luckily for my neighbours it has now used up its 20 mins and is silent. I have left the positive lead off the battery. If it was the battery at fault wouldn't the power have returned to the key pads?, a visual inspection suggests that the in panel fuses are ok. Any ideas gratefully received.
I had previously had a quote for fitting a new panel (no new wiring ) of around £450, which seems a lot considering the cost of the panels?

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sparkymarka, the fuse is a bit 'foggy' but the inner wire looks intact, I probably need to test it, are they special fuses or would a wholesaler like CEF stock them?

Sponsored Links
You need to search by …..glass fuse … as below

Attachments

• IMG_6053.png
    IMG_6053.png
    395.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6052.png
    IMG_6052.png
    586.1 KB · Views: 8

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back