Accenta ADE Gen4 Alarm Panel & remote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just changed my alarm panel and remote to the Accenta.

Having a problem getting it to set to recognise the new codes. when the power is restored it accepts the new code to stop the actual alarm sounding, then it shows ' Tamper Fault Lockout'. when you put in user 1 & 2 codes it says incorrect codes, but will accept the new engineer code.

we don't seem to be able to get past the information on page 15 of the engieers guide about the tamper fault lock out, but it has let us progam it.

Currently going through checking all the wiring again

Sponsored Links
sorry should have said. Is this some common fault or are we just doing something really stupid.

Thanks in advance.

First what you describe isnt the exact proceedure.

Reset back to defaults and try again exactly as the manual says.

Its meant to do that. When Tamper Fault Lockout , it will only accept user code 1 & 2 to silence it if its going off (Tamper / PA ). Otherwise user code 1 & 2 will have no effect until the tamper fault is rectified . The Engineer code allows access tothe engineer menu and to make the pannel ignore tampers whilst rectifying it.

If rectifying the faults inside the main control box be careful around the 240v live in there.

I Know the accenta/optima pretty well.

Hope This Helps. :D

Sponsored Links
Just changed my alarm panel and remote to the Accenta.

Having a problem getting it to set to recognise the new codes. when the power is restored it accepts the new code to stop the actual alarm sounding, then it shows ' Tamper Fault Lockout'. when you put in user 1 & 2 codes it says incorrect codes, but will accept the new engineer code.

we don't seem to be able to get past the information on page 15 of the engieers guide about the tamper fault lock out, but it has let us progam it.

Currently going through checking all the wiring again

This happens mine when the Tamper was open on the panel but for yours is a tamper open somewhere else?.

test with tamper jumper inserted and panel closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back