Accenta Alarm Beeping But Not Setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Moved into a property very recently and saw an old Accenta alarm still wired up which i'm trying to salvage.

I can see the instructions clearly say, 'to set, enter the code' which I do. But then it just sort of goes into its beeping mode constantly but never appears to set.

From memory the last time I had an accenta that's all I had to do, enter code to set, beeps till the countdown is over then sets, code again to disarm.

Any ideas on this? hopeful of a straight forward and easy fix!

thanks so much,

P

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply,

ive took photos below and a description too:-

When not set just “power” and “day” are solid lit.

when I enter the code, zone 1 and 3 go solid red. And zone 2 comes on when I move (theres a pir pointing at the panel so assume that’s zone 2 catching me)

images below

D5DE1C1C-D426-436F-BC0F-1A80F796063A.jpeg

79753B0B-1D05-400D-8E59-72EDEE0B3ECC.jpeg

425A723F-27CA-455D-82D3-4055BAF154ED.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It would appear 1 and 3 are PIR’s in other rooms.

They both do appear to be functional in that when I walk past them the red light on the PIR is coming on for a few secs.

What is the easiest way to solve this?

could it be that they’re broken? They’re all wired btw, no wireless ones as far as I can see.

p

Are you sure they are not door contacts ? Has it had new doors fitted on the property ?

You could be right. But as I said above with zone 2 I can make that light come on and off on the panel by triggering the pir by it.

When I do that for the other 2 pirs (which I assume to be 1 and 3) no lights come on the panel.
But yes there is one door contact I can see. Which does look a little worse for wear. But can only see one. No idea if active.

no new doors as far as I can see

FYI - you were right. Couldn't figure it out myself so had an alarm person out in the end.

It had multiple PIR's and door contacts all wired to the same zone because reasons. It was in the end a faulty door sensor (zone 1) and something that in the end we couldn't find on zone 3 haha. But all the PIRS and contacts are now working and the alarm sets correctly.

Thanks for all your help - you made it so the engineer only had to charge us for a couple hrs call out. Could've been much more expensive going in blind!

P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back