Accenta Alarm help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Accenta house alarm and it has started 'going off' for no reason. The alarm will cancel using the keypad and the Tamper light is on. The system is 11 years old and I have replaced the battery once. Does anybody out there have any idea what I can do? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Anything else on the keypad?
When was the battery last changed?

A quick test, but maybe later on in the morning is to remove the fuse from the spur feeding tha panel and see if the outside sounder rings. Or the lights all extinguish on the keypad.
That will mean a new battery is needed.

Nothing else on the display. Battery was changed about 2 years ago.
Just removed mains power to alarm - lights OK on display and no tamper alert when I restored mains power.

It's usually the bell tamper spring that's corroded. Try linking out the -12v and the tamp return.

Sponsored Links
It's a high resistance fault. Surely you've come across a bell tamper switch problem?? :confused:

It's a high resistance fault. Surely you've come across a bell tamper switch problem?? :confused:

On the control panel PCB, there are two tamper 'connections'. One is connections 19 and 20 and the other is in the Keypad section. I can't tell from the circuit diagram I've got, which is the -12 and which is the return. Do I just disconnect both inputs or do I link them directly together?

Go on then, before the Moto GP starts. Why would a high res on TR- drop off on a recycle?

Because it's borderline. All down to fuzzy logic.

So a contact with 1k/1k showing high res ( could be 2k2/4k7 , or whatever) does not reset after a recycle. Fuzzy again? Or are you saying the high res drops the voltage to the TR- only because it has a higher value?

Assuming the zone has a nominal 4.8vdc. Why does this value not change?

If you get a tamper activation off a contact with corrosion/high resistance it will usually reset, but become troublesome. There are vagaries in the system which cause nuisance activations as the resistance reaches tripping point. If you put a good meter across the contacts you'll find the display fluctuates. What do you really do for a job? (if anything). :rolleyes:

So what usually resets now?
Both the corroded spring, and a "high res" contact. Or one or the other?

Wow, using a good meter. Briliant idea, why has the rest of the industry not thought of that? Better call D Grant, he might want to get in on this.

So after fuzzy logic becomes fluctuating displays what else would you suggest?

Err what do you do?

I've explained the problem. If you can't understand it who's fault is that?

The OP needs to link out the 12v neg and the tamp return.

Simples.

I've explained the problem. If you can't understand it who's fault is that?

The OP needs to link out the 12v neg and the tamp return.

Simples.

No you have given poor advise. You do not know what it is, the tamper could be at any of 4 positions. You have said to disable the bell protection circuit.
If you had said, link the TR- out and leave it on soak for a week if that solves the problem you will need a new SAB unit.
You have not, your answer was "it is usually".......

The accenta panel tamper spring can dislodge ( same as a 9448 for example). Your lack of experience in this field shows.

Don't be such a dopey girl. If the panel spring dislodges it won't reset. It never happens anyway.

I bet you haven't even got a fuzzy logic meter have you? You're a disgrace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back