Accenta G3 and power cuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please!

When ever there is a power cut, (I have had two in last 4 days) my Accenta G3 alarm sounds off really loudly, because there is no power the keypad is dead. I have to wait for the power to come back on to silence it. As the most recent occasion was in the wee small hours several neighbours now want to lynch me!

There must be a way to silence it during a power cut, but the operating instructions do not cover this eventuality.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Your backup battery in panel probably needs replacing as it should supply power to hold off the bell box during a power cut.

Otherwise requires ladders to remove battery from bell box!

Your backup battery in panel probably needs replacing as it should supply power to hold off the bell box during a power cut.

Otherwise requires ladders to remove battery from bell box!

Probably? Definitely

TW2, don't forget we are talking about rechargeable batteries here, they 'go on for ever, they're rechargeable after all. :rolleyes:

Europlex & TonyW2

Are you referring to the control panel when you talk about replacement battery location?

If the battery is rechargeable, can I re-charge it rather than replace it?

I am about to embark on three long working days, then a weekend away, is there any way I can neutralise the whole system (without having to get to bell box, as it is too high for my ladders)?

Thanks in advance.

David.

Sponsored Links
Is that a nope to recharging, neutralising or both?

I seriously can not afford to have this thing disturb my neighbours again before I get a chance to replace the battery. (Now looking like being Tuesday afternoon).

There must be a way of taking it down temporarily?

Just replace it or risk burning out the panel,if it hasn't happened allready ! Large resistor right hand side ..... Battery is £10-£15 new panel and time to fit a lot more....

Is the link SNM gave the correct battery? It's £31! It is also far too big to fit in control panel which is less than 1" thick.

Looking at the service history (alarm 7 yrs old, we've been here a year) the batteries don't last longer than 15 months anyway. This will be the fifth replacement.

Can alarm be neutralised? We don't actually use it for lack of knowledge anyway. We've never owned one before, and there are no instructions, hence my simpleton questions here.

Switch off/disconnect mains.Take out the panel battery. Let the bell box battery run down with alarm sounding or remove it if accessible. You will then have " neutralised" it.
If the battery is being changed every year, you are probably being ripped off.

Or the panel is overcharging and cooking the battery.
.......... and you are being ripped off by being made to pay for new battery every year.

An alarm battery should work for 5yrs, then be changed, NOT, every year.

Change you 'alarm guy'

Thanks guys.

Fortunately for me it was the previous owners who had to pay for the new battery each year or so. I have never dealt with the alarm company myself, and shall not do so.

I still need battery type and location confirmed in case I go ahead, but I like Tony's method of neutralising the whole damn thing best. I jus need to decide for sure, then find a time when the infernal racket will disturb the neighbours the least.

Thanks in advance, David.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back