Accenta G3 and power cuts

When ever there is a power cut, (I have had two in last 4 days) my Accenta G3 alarm sounds off really loudly, because there is no power the keypad is dead. I have to wait for the power to come back on to silence it.
Replace the control panel battery - done.

Sponsored Links
You will have no further effort to make in completing the job with anew battery, but can do it at your leisure and with the old battery available to get a suitable replacement.

Thanks Tony.

I have located a large box in another part of the house, I assume that this is where the battery is located. It has an isolator fusebox below it.
The alarm box cover is held on with a single star headed screw.
If I remove the cover to access the battery, will the alarm sound?

Yes.
Turn off mains supply to box. Open. Alarm rings. Enter user code. Change battery.
If you don't know code, remove battery and the bell box battery will run down in 15-20 minutes

Sponsored Links
After having the 'problem & cure' explained to you, I would suggest that you are not the type of person that would be able to cope with an alarm system.

Remove it.

ps. I've had a bad day, but the above still stands.

It's the insanely loud noise in the wee small hours that I and surrounding neighbours can't cope with!
It's more that I don't need an alarm, than I can't cope with it. I didn't have it installed. We inherited it with the house, along with a service history but no instructions. Having never had a house with an alarm I am unfamiliar, rather than incompetent.

I've removed the battery.

It's Y2.8-12 12v 2.8Ah C20

It was fitted on 25/01/13 therefore has lasted less than 15 months.
This seems to fit in with the pattern of battery life according to the service history.

Before I shell out on another one, I would value any relevant comments.
Thanks,
David.

Check charging voltage from panel with a multimeter set on dc range...should be around 13.8 v dc ..... If no voltage check battery fuse ... Been to many jobs where someone has changed the battery but not checked the fuse..old ade panels do tend to go up to around 14.50v dc any higher will cook the battery.

I've just removed the fuse and it "looks" ok. But I will get it tested tomorrow and let you know the result.
Cheers.

Do as Sparky says, you DO have a problem, somewhere, as said the battery should be ok for around 5yrs, NOT having to be replaced every year.

Get another local company to give you a fixed price for a proper service.

The battery situation is ridiculous, and expensive.

Fuse was dead, battery was flat.

New fuse and original battery re-instated.

I'll give it 24hrs, then I'll cut the power myself. If the battery isn't knackered by being drained it should have re-charged enough to cut in and I should hear no alarm. If I hear alarm, to Maplins I shall go on Thursday to replace battery.

Thanks to all.

Once again, I'll keep you posted.

No no no don't fit old battery if it's faulty you MAY burn out panel which WILL cost you more money....

You will need to replace the battery in panel because with a new one it will hold the system powered up for as long as you are away and the outside one won't go off. Good luck!

Didn't make any difference.

I will check new fuse and replace battery after Easter break.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back