Accenta G3 not arming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have an Accenta G3 alarm that makes all the right noises to set but then does not activate when I try and set it off. There are no errors showing on the keypad. There are 3 PIR sensors connected and i have completed the walkthrough in Engineer Program Mode and they all work. However when I have tried the Alarm Test in Program Mode the TA and PA indicators light up. I have tried changing the battery and this has not helped.

Any ideas please?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
not sure I follow you.

if the zones activate when tested, the bell works when you do a bell test, exit engineering and arm the system?

Thanks for response. Yes bell works but when I arm the system it beeps to indicate arming but if I leave the house and renter the alarm does not go off and there is no beeping to indicate an intruder.

Just to clarify, the bell works in test mode or if power goes off (when battery is removed) but not in normal usage.

Sponsored Links
okay what does the panel do when you exit the house

and how long do you exit for

and what does it do when you return

As I exit the panel long beeps and then shorter beeps until it stops. It does nothing when I enter.

PIR. It lights up when I enter but nothing from the panel and no warning lights.

hmm.

so step by step how are you arming the system.

at the moment your telling me that panel walk tests okay, but doesn't work at all when system is set.

Arming the system by entering code when the green day indicator is diplayed. Once armed the green day indicator goes off, leaving just the power indicator showing. Assume walk test is correct as each PIR is recognised in the panel and beep . Presume walk test is not meant to sound the bell?

well pirs walk test so they should be wired correctly but programming cant be right if you set the alarm and it doesn't do anything.

so I would check your programming for each zone first

Okay, will do. I just wandered whether it was anything to do with the tamper as the red TA light shows when I conduct the Alarm test?

not sure I am going to be able to help you.

in the manual you will see it tells you what lights you should expect to see on, when enter engineering etc

the alarm wouldn't set if it was in tamper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back