accenta g4, attaching relay, getting confused....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi purchased 1 port version of this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Relay...&sd=282576987893&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

connected output side to lights which I want to go on when the alarm goes off

input side, the three pins.....

1) connected "+" and "-" pins to a 12 volt power supply
2) connected "s" piin to the accenta g4's "remote signalling input" "INT" connection J3 (see p15 https://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/documents/IE1-0040-Rev1-engineer.pdf)

But when alarm goes off, I assumed that as "INT" went from 13V to 0V, it would then click the relay and so light up the outside lights (and back off once alarm was reset and "INT" goes back to 13V)....

but nothing :(

Any ideas please?

Harry

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
How are you triggering the 230v light ?
Mite be better or with a single pole 12volt dc relay and base ?

If you connect relay to bell trigger when the alarm goes off the lights will come on for the duration of the bell timer.
This depends on how you connect the relay to the light or lights unit ?

How are you triggering the 230v light ?
Mite be better or with a single pole 12volt dc relay and base ?

i have "sliced" the positive cable going to a normal 4 gang 13 amp extension (into the relay), the lights are attached into the extension

Sponsored Links
If you connect relay to bell trigger when the alarm goes off the lights will come on for the duration of the bell timer.
This depends on how you connect the relay to the light or lights unit ?

its an active low relay... i think that means relay will come on once voltage drops to zero on connection... the g4 alarm panel has that conenctor (on J3)

Whats the coil resistance of the relay on your unit
You panel output mite not be triggering the relay ?
Have you got a multimeter to check output when the alarm is triggered?

If it's not working on the connector output, use the bell output and set the relay to active high

Whats the coil resistance of the relay on your unit
You panel output mite not be triggering the relay ?
Have you got a multimeter to check output when the alarm is triggered?

i think this it it..... http://www.satistronics.com/mini-12v-dc-power-relay-srd12vdcslc-songle_p2160.html

from alarm manual..... " OUTPUTS (J3): These outputs are programmed as active low output. They are held at 13V and fall to 0V
when active, it can source or sink 10mA"

so the 10mA "sink" - whatever that means :) - compatible with the relay please?

Last edited:
On some alarm control panels the outputs can not drive the relay
The easiest way is to connect a basic single pole 12v d/c relay to bell output and you can check the relay output with your multimeter

On some alarm control panels the outputs can not drive the relay
The easiest way is to connect a basic single pole 12v d/c relay to bell output and you can check the relay output with your multimeter

Ok thanks will purchase one and try that, although I assumed this relay got its power from the separate power supply ive attached to its +ve -ve terminals.

When alarm goes off the INT connection on the panel (connected to the "s" input pin next to the +ve -ve input pins on the realy) goes from 13v to 0V (I've confirmed that happens)

Connect relay coil to 12 postive on bell trigger and sw - bell trigger to relay coil
You then have the relay com,nc,no to connect the light unit.
How are you connecting the 230v light ?

A 12v Octal relay & its base is what you want, so easy to use. I must have installed hundreds over the years when installing alarms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back