Accenta G4 external box chirps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Accenta security alarm has two external boxes - one at the front and one at the rear of the house. The battery is only 2 years old and I have checked its condition and it's holding the charge.

Recently and again last night the box at the rear of the house started emitting a loud chirping sound. It's not the full alarm sound. On the first occasion there was a message on the keypad that read 'Landing' but I could find nothing wrong. The main G4 panel is located in the airing cupboard, which is on the landing. Last night there was no message but when I tried to silence the alarm by entering the alarm code the keypad displayed 'Programme 1'. I then disabled the alarm by isolating it at the mains and disconnecting the battery.

Grateful for any clues as to the cause.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Chirping bell boxes are generally faulty.
Water ingression,faulty microswitch, low volts etc.

Normally it’s due to the bellbox battery ! I’ve powered up old systems with these bellboxes and they have chirped

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back