Accenta G4 fault PIRs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have accenta G4 unit in garage, key panel in house, few contact sensors and three PIRs.
Had a kitchen fault other day so alarm wouldn't arm. Quickly checking the systems indicates the contact sensors are fine. It looks to be all the PIRs which are dead as there is no red light.
Checking the board I noticed F2 fuse(speaker although one isnt fitted) was blown all others were fine.
So I have disconnected the 12v to the PIRs and replaced fuse. Everything ok no blown fuses. I then disconnected the 12v supply at the all three PIRs and reconnected the cables in the G4 panel. Again fuse ok. I tested 12v on all wires to the PIRs. I then connected the 12v back into each PIR seperatly. First was fine and measured 12v when connected. Second one dropped to ~2v and third one blew the fuse.
So I'm assuming there is a short fault with third one but I'm not sure what the second sensor result is telling me. Are they both faulty? Or/and am I'm doing this all wrong and misleading myself testing like this?

Sponsored Links
Would connect 1st and 3rd pir ....would guess pir 2 is faulty check for water ingress in pir 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back