Accenta G4 intermittent power loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everyday over the last week our house alarm has sounded due to loss of power (power light off on both main box and nothing on remote keypad)

No issues with other appliances on the circuit, no tripped fuse etc etc, the bell sounds for 20 mins and then stops - a few hours after the power kicks back in unprompted (only know this my girlfriend was in during the day and left it until I got back from work) it then works fine!?!

There is no battery back up in the box and the alarm has functioned fine for the last couple of years

I've had a quick look at the power connections as per the manual and all seems fine

Has anyone seen this before / have any ideas???

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Are we talking about a mains power failure to the property here ? I don't understand the reasoning behind not using a standby battery in the control panel ? If there were a back up battery, then the alarm should not sound due to a mains failure, but I'm not sure that's what you mean.

Theres no issue with the mains supply, the power indicator light goes off on the main unit/box, the keypad is dead etc but everything else in the house/on the same supply (on the same mcb from the consumer unit) is fine.

It then, hours later, starts up again and the alarm goes off etc but can then be turned off by the keypad (as if it has just been powered up)

What I forgot to mention is when this has happened when I have been in, if I flick the switch on the fused spur off then back on that also powers it up as above.

Hope that makes sense, thanks for the response

Yes, it makes sense. and thanks for the explanation. So you have a ring main, and to me that is the most important bit. If we could start, and it's entirely up to you, by placing a backup battery inside the control panel, that may well be the end of the matter. Let's hope so. If after that, you continue to have problems then we can go from there. Is that fair ?

Take Care

Sponsored Links
Will give it a go and see what happens, just odd that this seems to have started for no apparent reason

Thanks

Hi,

I agree, it does seem a bit odd ... nothing we can't find a solution to though. Try a battery first and keep in touch. Don't worry, you'll sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back