Accenta G4, Replacing PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

We have an accenta G4 with the basic LED panel. I'd like to change some of the PIR's for pet safe ones so our cats don't keep setting them off. I have the engineers code, but I'm not sure on the best way to tackle the replacement itself. Would it require the entire alarm being powered down/battery disconnected? Is there a mode I can enter that will allow me to do so?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Simple way take lid off first PIR to be swopped the INTERNAL alarm will sound only ! Switch off with code , swop all your pirs be carefull not to short the power pair ! When finished and all lids are on press reset , fully test all detectors , job done .... What pet pirs are you fitting ?

Ahh so after putting the code in once, it stops the internal alarm and won't trigger the internal alarms again until engineer mode is exited? That sounds simple... Obviously will avoid shorting the 13v circuit.

I think we currently have texecom veritas reflex, they certainly look the same. http://www.texe.com/int1/products/series/motion-detectors/residential/

They apparently can have "pet" lens's fitted, or I was thinking of swapping them with a petwise texecom pir as hopefully they'd have similar mounting points to make them a bit more straightforward to replace.

Do you have any recommendations?

Think you may find the detectors have been discontinued .... Your best options are optex RX40pt or bosch tritec depending how many cats you have, you can't just swop the lens if you do happen to get hold of some pet wise detectors, also you can't have detectors facing stairs or if the pets can get within a meter of the Pir ...eg table below the detector where the cat can jump onto !

Sponsored Links
You may be right. There are a few different texecom models knocking around on ebay, but will have a look for your recommendations instead. We have two kittens at the moment. We do have one pir in the hallway that faces the bannisters which the cats love to poke their heads through, but all rooms off the hallway and at the top of the stairs have their own pir's. Along with a front door contact sensor I don't think blanking off that pir should cause any security problems.

Just to add closure to this post I bought 2 bosch tritech "pet friendly" PIR's as recommended. Just finished fitting and seem to be working well. Helped save me about £80 in labour :eek: so thanks for you help. Will pick up another couple soon and replace the last two to keep them looking the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back