Accenta G4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just attempted to wire up my new alarm system.

on zone 1, I have 3 shock sensors, one on each window, and 2 pairs of magnetic contacts, for front and back door.

connected everything in series, with 1 wire going from the panel to the furthest sensor, and the other wire looping into each sensor and out onto the next sensor..is this correct?

the system chimes fine when a door is opened, and when the shock sensors are activated.. no problems in terms of functioning.

but the system will only "set" if one of the doors is open, or shock sensors are activated.. so when the circuit is broken.

if the circuit is complete, the system wont "set" it just says, Setting Fault.

but as soon as I break the circuit by opening a door it Sets fine...

do I need an end of line resistor? if so which size?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
have you connected the tampers ? if so what happens if you disconnected them at the panel end, you may have a short to 0v.

Hi, tampers currently disconnected and bridged terminals inside the panel because I had to open the shock sensors to adjust the sensitivity.

Hi just checked continuity between 2 tamper terminals.. That's fine, and 2 trigger wires that's fine, then checked continuity between all wires and 0v and no continuity so that's fine, no short.. Just can't understand why it will only set if I break the circuit either by disconnecting one of the trigger wires or opening a door

Sponsored Links
Hi, ok I've reconnected the tamper connections and it's acting funny...
I can set it and unset several times door open and closed and it's now working perfectly fine. Then it will randomly start showing setting failure on random zones.. Then set perfectly fine after.

Take everything off Zone 1.

Then add one door contact to it. AS IT IS THE ENTRY EXIT ZONE Guess where the door contact goes)

Put the other devices on their own zones.

Problem solved.

Hi,

Ok I will setup a new zone 1 for the front door on the porch, which leads from porch to outside..currently only have door contact on 2nd front door which leads from porch into house, reason being is first front door has glass in it, and 2nd front door is solid mahoghany. Then new zone 1 can be used as entry exit door... Keypad is located in the porch. Thinking of changing this though for the ade key fob keypad which doesn't require code entry then will move keypad downstairs indoors.. Also have keypad upstairs

Then zone 2 will be the existing front door magnetic contact, front window shock sensor, rear patio door shock sensor and rear patio door magnetic sensor.. Will make pir downstairs zone 3, and kitchen shock sensor zone 4.
Garage will be zone 5.

Haven't got any sensors upstairs didn't really see much point as a crook would need to break in downstairs

So when the new zone 2 is triggered how will you know what device has activated?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back