Accenta mini G4 inherited problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have moved into a house with the above alarm installed, i am an electrician by trade but have no experience of programming alarms.
The alarm will not set properly when i test it.

There are 4 zones. 1 is the hall where the front door and keypad are.
2 is the lounge.
3 is the kitchen.
4 is upstairs.
I usually use both doors to enter the property and only full set it when i leave. what is the best setup as regards to timed, inhibited ect.

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
The previous owner reset the panel before leaving, so basically I had to start over.
When I try to set the alarm I get a zone fault in zone 1 where the keypad is.
When I set it and go out the front door the keypad just keeps beeping with this error.

Maybe it wasn't working properly before you moved in? I had that problem when I moved here. I was assured my alarm worked but loads of wires had been cut in the panel

Sponsored Links
Hi,
The wiring is all ok, I have checked this and I have performed a walk test and all the pir's are working correctly.
I am pretty sure this is a programming issue but I can't figure out the correct way to set it up. Timed, inhibit etc.
Thanks

how do you leave by two doors?

Timed (exit door)
inhibited (detector between entry door and covers keypad)
rest immediate.
Exit mode if exit door is PIR should be timed if door contact, final door set.

Sorry I meant to say that we tend to enter the house by either the front or the back door depending on what we are doing. There is no door contact.
The exit door is always the front beside the keypad. This is covered by the hall pir.
So.... should the hall be inhibited to allow me to enter and disable the alarm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back