Accenta mini tamper loop resistance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

would anyone know the maximum resistance of tamper loop that an accenta mini will work to? I have had a couple of random triggers of of the internal sounders while the alarm hasn't been set, and looking at the log it has been the tamper loop that has triggered it. Resetting the panel clears the issue, so it's not a permanent break, so I was thinking of measuring the resistance of the total loop to see if it is close to the edge. It happened at night a couple of days ago, then again around twenty minutes after resetting it, but has behaved itself since.

Failing that, if anyone has any other suggestions as to the cause?

Sponsored Links
Tap each sensor cover gently with screwdriver handle and see if you get a tamper fault ?
Check keypad lid cover and control panel lid
Take the resistance measurement of the tamper circuit,this will depend on how many devices are in the global tamper loop.
You could link out the global tamper circuit,if still causes fault then could be bell box tamper or control panel tamper

Thanks for the suggestions Handy. I did think it could be a loose cover, and my first thought was the bell-box as it was very windy the night it triggered, but everything was solid. So I measured the loop resistance and couldn't get a stable reading, it seemed to fluctuate between 37 and 50 ohms, which seemed a bit high anyway. Further investigation led to a redundant bit of cable that once had a sensor on the end, but the tamper loop was still active (being shorted at the end where the sensor was) that was showing erratic resistance. Cured by bypassing that loop... total loop resistance now 14.2 ohms solid. Hopefully fixed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back