Accenta / Optima Gen4 Board Fuses - Quick or Slow Blow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Just looking for clarification on the fuse types used in the ADE Gen4 Accenta / Optima panels.

My girlfriend's dad has just bought a bungalow with the Optima control panel and the PIR sensors have no power. It was all working fine until he started messing about changing the backup battery and moving one of the PIRs in the living room. I suspect he's inadvertently blown one of the fuses as none of the PIRs appear to have power - the door contacts on the back door work perfectly fine though, but these don't require power.

I thought I would be proactive and go armed with replacement fuses at the ready on my next visit, but I've noticed conflicting information in the engineers manual:

Page 4: Clearly states the fuses are "anti-surge" which I understand (after searching via Google) means slow-blow fuses...

fuses_1.png

However, turn to the specifications at the back of the Engineer's manual: This clearly states quick-blow

fuses_2.png

So which is it? And is it actually critical in this application?

Also whilst I think on (and in case its relevant, sets off any red flags to any of you)...

The internal speaker volume was really low, I mean like barely audible. Key presses, panel sounds were very faint. I tweaked the volume pot on the circuit board which has raised the volume as intended, but even so it doesn't seem anywhere near as loud as these panels appear when I've watched YouTube guides for them - is it possible this speaker is faulty and could this be leading to blown fuses? I've read other threads on forums that suggest a faulty speaker can cause issues.
If so - does, anybody know where I can source a replacement speaker? I know it's 16ohms but I'm unsure of the correct dimensions to fit inside that case.

Any help / advice will be greatly received.

Sponsored Links
I would go with sparykmarka's advice for fast blow. Check when yoy take the fuse out - there is the value on the silver end cap an F indicates Fast and T is anti-surge

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back