ACCENTA6 - Tamper

cpl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Accenta6 alarm. The main box is in the upstairs airing cupboard. This cupboard backs onto the en-suite shower. I had the shower replaced yesterday, the guy who did it said he had trouble getting the old shower off the wall, the alarm unit is directly behind this shower. Obviously the vibrations were felt by the alarm and it has gone into "tamper" mode. The remote key pad does not respond to any numbers being typed in the only led light showing other than the green "day" and the red "power" is the red "tamper".

Anyone has any idea on how to unlock the system?

Sponsored Links
Just tried 1234. No good. As I said earlier, the keypad is effectively "dead". Normally you get an audible beep when you enter a number. Currently there is no sound.

Appreciate the response anyway.

Find the tamper fault, fix it and the system will reset. It will stay locked up until you fix the fault.

Sponsored Links
How do you find the tamper fault?

Thanks

Its probably configured to require the engineers code before you can re-instate it ...... Time to look for the alarm paperwork me thinks :eek:

i dont think this panel has a microswitch, i think its a switch with a spring, most panles will let the user clear the tamper, providing the condition it self is cleared

Makes no odds really, if three presses of the reset button isn't doing anything, you need to go in to the engineers menu to reset it...... The engineers code could pretty much be anything :(

I've fitted hundreds of these ...... Theys brill :LOL:

& why they changed all the menus round when they re-badged it a G3 I'm dammed if I know :?:

How do you find the tamper fault?

Thanks

Take the lid off the main panel in the airing cupboard. Check for any loose connections on the circuit board (beware, there are mains voltages inside the control unit around the mains terminal block and transformer, so don't go around there!)

If all appears well, close the lid and make sure you hear the tamper spring close. Press reset and it should go back into day mode.

Scott, thanks very much it worked. I had previously tried taking off the cover but instead of pressing the tamper button I was entering either the exit code or the engineers code.

Thanks to eveyone who tried to help, it has saved me a call out fee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back