Alarm (internal) went off when not set - tamper

Sponsored Links
Buy a new microswitch of ebay and just connect the leads to the spade connectors
View attachment 163146
Ah ok looks a standard microswitch then. Is removing it off the bell box circuit board enough to link it out, as it it won't see it so ignore or would I need to put a jumper on, or twist the wires together?

Most have been the green and black tamper switches BUT I’ve had faulty black ones as well ...
Ah ok sorry you meant the wires off the microswitch. So you've had these fail and have similar problems like I've had?

So as above, can I just remove it off the circuit board or does it need a link on it at the bell box?

Thanks for all help

If you remove the tamper switch then you must link it out.
This can be done by putting a little black jumper on the connection when you in plug it from the pcb or short the Microsoft leads together.
Best bet is to order one off ebay ,job done !

Is it worth a test first or you just think that it's intermittent? You say you've had lots go.

I'm not too bothered on it being linked as if they are going to go up on a ladder to pull out before burgling my house I'm on trouble!

I'll look on eBay though as you say, or maybe Screwfix or Amazon.

Sponsored Links
Looks a poor connection on the tamper terminal

Attachments

• 962581F4-BA27-442F-B673-9D1102762949.jpeg
    962581F4-BA27-442F-B673-9D1102762949.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 185
Looks a poor connection on the tamper terminal
Thanks will have another check, but I think I went down them all today, as I've said the ladder wasn't really tall enough, but your right that looks screwed out further than the rest.

So even if I have TR and 0v linked in main panel (I believe to link bell box tamper out as shown in example diagram from manual), I'd still need a link in bell box tamper? This I don't understand.

**Edit** just looked at pic again and it is screwed in it's just angle, so the 2nd and 3rd screen are where wires are and they are screwed in

Last edited:
So even if I have TR and 0v linked in main panel (I believe to link bell box tamper out as shown in example diagram from manual), I'd still need a link in bell box tamper? This I don't understand.

As I understand the siren requires 12v.
The positive from the panel goes direct to the external siren + terminal.
The negative from the panel goes through the normally closed tamper switch then to the siren - terminal.
If the tamper switch is opened the siren loses its negative 0v and activates using its own internal battery. Therefore if you have faulty tamper switch it will trigger the siren every time the switch is open.

The reason the external siren has its own internal battery is so that if the cable was cut or the control panel was ripped off the wall the siren would activate.

Last edited:
If you cut the black cables going to the tamper switch strip them and twist them together (it just needs a closed circuit), it will sort the tamper fault out obviously it won't be tampered anymore though.

The yellow Tamp wire wouldn’t cause the bell to ring outside as reported ...it’s only a return signal 0v wire ..only a loss of 0v , 12v + or the tamper switch to open ....

Think next to do when get better ladder is to either replace or link out bell box tamper, remove my links in main panel, leave sounders disconnected and see if anything triggers.

Sorry to confirm my official fault is this correct?

Alarm wasn't set and then only internal siren went off, not external, RKP showed tamper.

So if the tamper in bell box is faulty/tripping/intermittent, this wouldn't set off the external bell box siren off just the internal? I would have thought it would do both sirens?

Thanks again

Been ok for a while then one morning outside bell box going off and nothing would silence it, or typing in code. Went off constantly, early doors, for about 30+ mins then stopped....the alarm wasn't armed and the internal wasn't going off.

This is what you posted ....so what did happen ?

Been ok for a while then one morning outside bell box going off and nothing would silence it, or typing in code. Went off constantly, early doors, for about 30+ mins then stopped....the alarm wasn't armed and the internal wasn't going off.

This is what you posted ....so what did happen ?
That was an update, the original fault was one I've just posted above this post.

I then linked out tamper for PIR in main panel, happened again, linked 0v and TR in main panel as was told this was bell box tamper link out.

Then what happens be said and you've quoted happened, the outside box, no internal went off a few mornings in row, and I couldn't stop it.

Sorry if confusing, it is all for me to!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back