Accenta8 mini... need advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right where do I begin?!

I have an Accenta8 mini house alarm. My Dad accidently set off my alarm and didn't know how to turn the alarm off. After approx 30mins the alarm silenced and my dad thought nothing of it.

When I returned home I noticed the power was out on the control panel. I then researched why this was and how to should fix it. The answer seemed to be to 'power down' the system. This was simple enough and as hoped I had power to my control panel but as nothing is ever straight forward i now have other problems.

1) I can't set the alarm (it just constantly beeps as if it trying to set)

2) I can't do any testing on the alarm.

Dose anybody know what I have done and possibly how to fix it?

Much thanks.

Sponsored Links
You don't power down the alarm when you set it off - you reset it.

I think you may have a tamper problem. Try taking the lid off and holding the spring with your thumb, and see if that works.

BTW, how did you power down? Did you take the battery off?

If not, it might just need a reset.

Sponsored Links
Hi Joe-90,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I powered down the system properly but removing the batt and mains power. The control unit was completely unresponsive so I didn't see how I could reset it without powering down.

The only lights that are illuminated are 'day' and 'power'. The 'tamper' and 'attack' are currently off.

The spring thing didn't work and now the tamper light is showing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back