Acceptable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had to replace a socket although the wires needed to be terminated again and the new socket terminals can only take 1 cable even when doubling over. Is it acceptable to join the ring using in-sure connectors then use 2.5mm t&e cable to connect a double socket to the in-sure connectors?

Sponsored Links
the new socket terminals can only take 1 cable even when doubling over.
¿Que?

Doubling over will halve the number of conductors any terminal can take so saying that is like saying "I can only afford one {whatever} even when they double the price of it", or "I can only eat one pizza even when they double the size of them".

What sort of sockets are they?

Sponsored Links
¿Que?

Doubling over will halve the number of conductors any terminal can take so saying that is like saying "I can only afford one {whatever} even when they double the price of it", or "I can only eat one pizza even when they double the size of them".

What sort of sockets are they?
Haha, I think I meant to say even if they are not doubled over:) I was told to double over when possible. Thanks everyone

What size are the conductors?

If the socket outlet won't happily take two 2.5mm^2 or 4mm^2 conductors then it doesn't comply with BS 1363.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back