Access above porch roof to paint second floor windows?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Hope someone can help me.

I need to repaint my second floor windows and I have a porch roof directly beneath 2 windows. The porch roof is about 1 meter deep with about a 50 degree gradient, far too risky to stand on let alone work on! I figure I've got 2 options without going down the scaffold hire route:

1. Use my extension ladder set at a wider angle, using a M8trix (Rojack) ladder grip.

OR

2. Use my 5 metre scaffold tower and use a few scaffold planks and bridge to the inside porch edge, effectively cantilevering the scaffold tower. Never seen this done before, hence I'm not sure it's too wise?!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would really help, perhaps even save me from breaking my neck even!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Superboard staging?
Can you build your tower as two safe ones?

Sponsored Links
RealNeal, good evening again.

OK these windows will be "Sash and Case" that is two vertically sliding timber sashes with ropes and weights

If you can, suggest you can remove the lower sash, and gain access to the upper sash and external frame to allow redecoration, from inside the property.

If you look at You Tube you will find a lot of information as to how to replace the window ropes, not that I am suggesting you need to re-rope the window, rather it will give you an insite as to how to remove the timber surrounds to the lower sash, so you can undertake the redecoration from within the property?

A possible way forward with safety in mind???

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back