Access door to garage height above ground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to add a composite door to provide alternative access to my garage. Is there a minimum height above ground level that's recommended? I would like to have a gap of 80mm, then the cill and door. There is a soak away round the garage already. Are there any potential issues with this?

Sponsored Links
Is this connecting to your house? There is supposed to be a "flammable liquids/gases" barrier of 10cm to stop say a petrol leak flowing in to the house.

Sponsored Links
I'm looking to add a composite door to provide alternative access to my garage. Is there a minimum height above ground level that's recommended?
Surely the personnel door needs to be at garage floor level? Equally, there is nowt wrong with dropping the threshold down a wee bit (altering sub DPC masonry to suit) if losing some of the bulky door threshold is what you are trying to achieve, as long as the door swinging path is not compromised. Height above ground will be largely irrelevant for a plastic door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back