access to pitched roof at 4 storey's. 4 lead slate+flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi 4 storey building, two 2 storey massonet's one built above the other.

New boiler in top appartment, no suitable outside wall so Flue to go through atic and through tiled pitched roof, hence lead slate. Lader would have to be about 10-12 metres high, plus roof ladder.

Any advice in accessing roof 10-12m above ground? health and safety etc.

Sponsored Links
You really know the answer yourself, you just want to hear it from others,.........

.....scaffolding.

Sponsored Links
it is possible to do the job from internal depending on which flue ur using

thanks for the answers so far. I've used a cherry picker before, but not to work on a roof, has anyone taken a roof ladder up on one?

scaffolding is probably right, I don't fancy one of those towers at 12m, and I don't fancy erecting it holding the instruction book in one hand while in the downstairs neighbours' garden.

The internal approach would be ideal, I'll ask about and do a bit of surfing unless anyone can offer me a link or other details.

I saw a vertical flue which had been put through a pitched slated roof in Coventry.

They did not use scaffolding or a ladder!

Trouble is I dont know how they did it!

Tony

Y`know a velux might not be such a daft idea....small one @£200 ..how much 4 scaffold :?: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back