Access without tool

even though there is no such thing the Wiring Regulations require that cable to be on an RCD.
Well - I guess I was talking about either the Wiring Regulations or ELV RCDs.

Which do you think I would most likely have been referring to when I said "even though there is no such thing"?

Sponsored Links
even though there is no such thing the Wiring Regulations require that cable to be on an RCD.
Well - I guess I was talking about either the Wiring Regulations or ELV RCDs.
Which do you think I would most likely have been referring to when I said "even though there is no such thing"?
Well, yes, I got that far - and did not see that "no such thing" applied to either the 'Wiring Regs' or 'ELV RCDs' (RCDs obviously only know about current, not voltage).

However, what I had forgotten is that bernard is not just using ELV, but DC ELV, and although I think it would be going a bit far to say that there is "no such thing" as a "DC RCD" (one could certainly create one), I would agree that they are not commonplace!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back