Accessing wall above porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help with a problem I have.

We renovated our house a couple of years ago and installed wiring for the alarm system. I drilled a hole for the wire that would go to the out door bell box and fed the wire out.

We have since built a porch below where the wire comes out of the wall. I now need to be able to get to the wire and install a bell box but the porch is in the way.

The porch has a pitched roof with a small area in front of the door (about 1.5m), on the left hand side the garden is at the same level as the porch but on the right hand side there is quite a drop to the garage. The picture below will explain it a lot better.

The easiest option would be to hire a cherry picker but I am looking at around £200 for a job that should take 10 minutes.

I dont think I can reach where the wire is from the window above the porch as it opens the wrong way.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://smartconcept.co.uk/Porch.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's probably no longer the best place for the bell box - you might have the same problem again a couple of years down the line if you need to access it again, e.g. for replacing the backup battery. Is it possible for you to pull the wire back and mount the box in a more suitable location? Or can you purchase a wireless bell box that is compatible with your alarm panel?

Leccy.

Sponsored Links
Move the cars from the drive, put a ladder up on the side of the porch, strip some tiles from the sode of the porch but not to near the hip.. work off the battens.
Now this is risky if it's not your field of work but easy if it is.
or you could even hire a tower ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back