what tiles for very low pitch porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening everybody,
I live in a bungalow and we have a little porch on the side of the property, it is 10ft long (parallel with bungalow) but only 4ft wide, due to boundary fence. the present roof is felted on ply and does not leak, the felt just goes under the soffit/fascia.
Looking to the future, I would prefer to tile the porch by extending the rafters on the bungalow roof.
It is a fifties bungalow with small plain marley tiles, pitch =38 degrees, but the best I could get on porch is about 12 degrees ish, maybe just a tad more if I lower porch wall plate by a course of brick.
What tiles should I use if it can be done?
Any advice would be most welcome, Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A 12 degree porch roof will look hideous, particularly when viewed against the main roof of 38 dgrees.

Stick with the flattie.

You can get the metal cladding type of tiles although they're not really tiles though and look a bit naff. http://www.decra.co.uk/Products/Decra Classic Tile.aspx No traditional tiles will go down to that pitch. As mentioned 12° is a flatty really. You could consider something like zinc with seams if it can be seen from the ground, they look pretty IMO and are not as expensive as you might think.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back